Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Jordan
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
Essay related to (Several languages die every year give negative and positive effect)
I need your help with my grammer and vocabulary please. Thanks for your follow up.:-D

For many years people were traveled around the world having only one language, the mother language, particularly they had some challenges in communication peoples from other nations. It has been argued that the fewer languages would prompt more harmony and understanding between peoples. I am going to discuss my opinion in the following paragraphs.
First of all, no one can deny the positive effects to have fewer languages. In the different fields of life, such as education, economic and tourism the education becomes accessible and reachable for different nations. For illustration, international conferences are held in several countries. However, the attendances are from different nationalities, they can understand the presentation and could communicate easily with each other.

Moreover, the economic field has been encouraged by the presence of fewer languages. I am convinced that without having fewer communicating language, such as English language, the traders would face a lot of difficulties in the sale and purchase processes.

Furthermore, the tourists are spending attractive holidays visiting new countries. In spite of they are different from their native language; they are able to communicate the inhabitant people who gain new languages in order to facilitate the understanding with tourists.

On the other hand, I strongly believe that nobody are willing to waive his mother language. It is part of both culture and religion. I myself cannot consider my language to become extinct. I could argue that fewer languages are disturbing the mother language to some countries. As an example, Arabic language has been confused with English and French languages during the colonization time like in Lebanon and Tunis. This had reflected negative effects to their culture and history, therefore producing malformed and inaccurate language in such countries.

In my view, the positive effects that produced from fewer languages are more than the negative effects and I believe that we could produce a united peaceful world, fulfill with understanding and cooperation.

februar

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
German
Home Country
Switzerland
Current Location
Switzerland
Essay related to (Several languages die every year give negative and positive effect)
I need your help with my grammar and vocabulary please. Thanks for your follow up.

For many years people [STRIKE]were[/STRIKE] traveled around the world having only one language, the mother tongue. They were particularly faced with the challenge of communicating with people (people is plural of person) from other nations. It has been argued that some foreign language knowledge would prompt more harmony and understanding between people. I am going to discuss my opinion in the following paragraphs.
First of all, no one can deny the positive effects of speaking foreign languages. In the different fields of life, such as education, economic and tourism the education becomes accessible and reachable for different nations. For illustration, international conferences are held in several countries. However, the attendances are from different nationalities, they can understand the presentation and [STRIKE]could[/STRIKE] communicate easily with each other.

Moreover, the economic field has been encouraged by the presence of some foreign languages. I am convinced that without being able to communicate in another language, such as English language, the traders would face a lot of difficulties in their sale and purchase processes.

Furthermore, the tourists are spending attractive holidays visiting strange countries. Although the language is different from the native one, they are able to communicate with the inhabitants who gain new languages in order to facilitate the understanding with tourists.

On the other hand, I strongly believe that nobody is willing to waive his mother tongue. It is part of both culture and religion. I myself cannot consider my language to become extinct. I could argue that foreign languages are disturbing the mother tongue of some countries. As an example, Arabic language has been confused with English and French language during the colonial times like in Lebanon and Tunis. This had reflected negative effects to their culture and history by producing malformed and inaccurate language in such countries.

In my view, there are more positive effects that are produced by foreign languages than negative ones and I believe that we could produce a united peaceful world, fulfilled with understanding and cooperation.
What means “fewer” in your context?
februar (no teacher)

Last edited:

Dr.Sarrar

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Jordan
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
Hi Februar, thanks very much for the correction , this was the original essay topic:

Several languages die every year. Many people feel this is a positive trend and that the world with fewer languages promotes harmony and understanding between peoples. Analyze both sides of this argument and provide your opinion.

I think fewer ment littele that what i understand from the essay topic?

februar

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
German
Home Country
Switzerland
Current Location
Switzerland
Hi Februar, thanks very much for the correction , this was the original essay topic:

Several languages die every year. Many people feel this is a positive trend and that the world with fewer languages promotes harmony and understanding between peoples. Analyze both sides of this argument and provide your opinion.

I think fewer ment littele that what i understand from the essay topic?

Sorry, that I didn’t get that. I have changed the text as follows:

For many years people traveled around the world having only one language, the mother tongue.They were particularly faced with the challenge of communicating with people from other nations. It has been argued that reducing the languages to only a few world languages would prompt more harmony and understanding between people.

I am going to discuss my opinion in the following paragraphs.
First of all, no one can deny the positive effects of fewer languages. In the different fields of life, such as education, economic and tourism the education becomes accessible and reachable for different nations. For illustration, international conferences are held in several countries. However, the attendances are from different nationalities, they can understand the presentation and communicate easily with each other.

Moreover, the economic field has been encouraged by the presence of world languages. I am convinced that without being able to communicate in a world language, such as English, the traders would face a lot of difficulties in their sale and purchase processes.

Furthermore, the tourists are spending attractive holidays visiting strange countries. Although the language is different from the native one, they are able to communicate with the inhabitants who gain new languages in order to facilitate the understanding with tourists.

On the other hand, I strongly believe that nobody is willing to waive his mother tongue. It is part of both culture and religion. I myself cannot consider my language to become extinct. I could argue that a world language is disturbing the mother tongue of some countries. As an example, Arabic language has been confused with English and French language during the colonial times like in Lebanon and Tunis. This had reflected negative effects to their culture and history by producing malformed and inaccurate language in such countries.

In my view, there are more positive effects that are produced by world languages than negative ones and I believe that we could produce a united peaceful world, fulfilled with understanding and cooperation.

Status
Not open for further replies.