Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
What do you think about this story? Is that good English? Do you have any suggestions on this?

"This can't be happening to me!" that's what I was thinking while I was stuck in traffic two days ago. It was an awful day!
In the morning the alarm clock I had set the night before did not go off on time and woke up later. This was just the start of it. After having breakfast, I decided to go to my garden to water the flowers. My mother would have been quite happy if I had taken care of the garden and watered the flowers, but while climbing down the steps of my house I tripped over and fell down to earth. I ended up into a puddle there was in the garden as it had been raining and I dirtied myself. Afterwards, I got in and I had a shower. Since I had to go to the supermarket, I got dressed quickly and then I stepped down into the garage. I started my car and I drove off. Guess what? I have never reached the supermarket that day. Unfortunately, while I was driving on the motorway, another car cut in on me and all of a sudden I had to brake (Or: hit the brakes?). I was really scared of it and it shocked me a lot. I began to realize it was being a horrible day and I started being worried about how many other terrible things would happen to me! Driving along and thinking about what had happened just a few minutes before, I decided to slow down. It did not matter if it had taken much longer to reach the supermarket. Suddenly a policeman flagged me down and I had to pull over. I asked the policeman what was wrong with me and he promptly answered me back, saying that one of the tyres of my car was worn. I promised I would change it as soon as possible. The policeman warned me to pay much attention at driving and I started my car again and I kept on driving. After a few kilometers, the tyre blew up and I had to pull up again. It took me more than a hour to change the tyre with a new one. In the end, I gave up to reach (Or: reaching?) the supermarket. I tried to drive back home, and I hoped nothing else would happen to me. When I got home, I saw my mother waiting for me and I realized she was very worried. I got out of the car and she came towards me. She told me she had been worried because I had gone out with the car but she did not have time to warn me about the shabby and dangerous tyre. I told her all that happened (or: had happened?) that day. After listening to my story, she hugged me tight and she told me she loved me so much and, of course, she would have had the tyre changed the same afternoon.

februar

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
German
Home Country
Switzerland
Current Location
Switzerland
What do you think about this story? Is that good English? Do you have any suggestions on this?

"I can’t believe what is happening to me!" that's what I was thinking while I was stuck in a traffic jam two days ago. It was an awful day!
In the morning the alarm clock I had set the night before did not go off on time and woke up later. This was just the start of it. After having breakfast, I decided to go to my garden to water the flowers. My mother would be quite happy if I took care of the garden and water[STRIKE]ed[/STRIKE] the flowers, but while climbing down the steps of my house I tripped over and fell down to the ground. I ended up into a puddle there was in the garden as it had been raining and I got dirty. Afterwards, I went in and had a shower. Since I had to go to the supermarket, I got dressed quickly and then stepped down into the garage. I started my car and drove off. Guess what? I have never reached the supermarket that day.

Unfortunately, while I was driving on the motorway, another car cut in on me and all of a sudden I had to brake (Or: hit the brakes? I had to slam on the brakes). I was really scared of it and it shocked me a lot. I began to realize it was being a horrible day and I started being worried about how many other terrible things would happen to me! Driving along and thinking about what had happened just a few minutes before, I decided to slow down. It did not matter if it had taken much longer to reach the supermarket. Suddenly a policeman flagged me down and I had to pull over. I asked the policeman what was wrong with me and he promptly answered me back, saying that one of the tyres (Am = tires) of my car was worn. I promised I would change it as soon as possible. The policeman warned me to pay much attention at driving and I started my car again and I kept on driving.

After a few kilometers, the tyre blew up and I had to pull up again. It took me more than an hour to change the tyre with a new one. In the end, I gave up reaching the supermarket. I tried to drive back home, and I hoped nothing else would happen to me. When I got home, I saw my mother waiting for me and I realized she was very worried. I got out of the car and she came towards me. She told me she had been worried because I had gone out with the car but she did not have time to warn me about the shabby and dangerous tyre. I told her all what had happened (I’d say “had happened” - the story from morning until you arrived home) that day. After listening to my story, she hugged me tightly and [STRIKE]she[/STRIKE] told me she loved me so much and, of course, she would have [STRIKE]had[/STRIKE] the tyre changed the same afternoon.

bearings

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
while I was driving on the motorway, another car cut in on me and all of a sudden I had to brake

Status
Not open for further replies.