• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Lebanon
      • Current Location:
      • Lebanon

I need an advice

Hello everyone, Iam a new teacher and I have a problem in teaching my students how to use (what,when, who) to form questions.Iam alittle bit confused, they can't write full statements, their english level is too low according to their grade.
    Last edited by nisrin; 28-Oct-2011 at 20:54.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: I need an advice

[QUOTE=nisrin;816794]Hello everyone, I am a new teacher and I have a problem in teaching my students how to use "what", "when" and "who" to form questions. I am a little bit confused. They can't write full statements, their English level is too low according to their grade. (I'm not sure what you mean here - perhaps "considering the school grade they are in, their level is low"?)[/QUOTE]

If your students can't yet write full sentences then it is perhaps a little early to be trying to teach them how to convert a statement into an interrogative. I think you probably need to concentrate on helping them to write full sentences first - you and they can worry about the interrogative in the future.

I have a query though - it is only "what", "when" and "who" that you are having problems with? No problems with "why" or "how"?

Please see my amendments to your post. As an English teacher, I'm sure you understand the importance of not only speaking correct English, but writing it correctly too. Please note that "I am" is two words, we always put a space after a comma and a full stop and that "English" must always be written with an initial capital letter.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • Brazil

Please note that "advice" is an uncountable noun and does not take an indefinite article.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Lebanon
      • Current Location:
      • Lebanon

Thanks for correcting my errors, I will make sure to write in a correct way next time. As for your question about using how and who, they will learn it later, but now I have to teach them how to form questions using (what, when and who). That's right I have to teach them how to write full statements first, and that is what I am doing currently but according to my school's schedule, they should learn how to form questions this week, and i think we write ( early for, words. We always, sure, "what," )
    Last edited by nisrin; 01-Nov-2011 at 22:29.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Czech Republic

Quote Originally Posted by nisrin View Post
    Thanks for correcting my errors, I will make sure to write in a correct way next time. As for your question about using "how" and "who", they will learn it later, but now I have to teach them how to form questions using ( "what", "when" and "who"). That's right; I have to teach them how to write full statements first, and that is what I am doing currently but according to my school's schedule, they should learn how to form questions this week, and i think we write ( early for, words. We always, sure, "what," )
    I am sorry, nisrin, but I just don't understand the part I have underlined.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Quote Originally Posted by nisrin View Post
    ( early for, words. We always, sure, "what," )
    Nisrin, I'm with 5jj on this. I have no idea what the part of your post that I have left above actually means. Please rephrase and try again. Thanks.