Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Portuguese
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
I’ll never forget the most intimidating experience of my life. Here’s what happened. I was going to friend’s house a couple of months ago. By mistake I took a wrong exit in the highway. After driving a few more kilometres in a local area I realized that I was driving towards another city. The worst part was that I could not turn my car around because that was a one way road. I felt very intimidated.

I did not have a GPS with me and also my cell phone died. Finally, I pulled my car on the road side to ask for help from people who drove by me. A woman saw me sticking out my head through the car window, so she yelled at me because it was too dangerous and unsafe. She was nice enough to stop and gave me the direction to go to the place where I initially wanted to go. She even asked me to follow her until I came to the right place. In the end I gave her a big thank for my heart.

I hope you can understand why this experience was so intimidating to me.

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
I’ll never forget the most intimidating experience of my life. Here’s what happened. I was going to friend’s house a couple of months ago. By mistake I took a wrong exit in the highway. After driving a few more kilometres in a local area I realized that I was driving towards another city. The worst part was that I could not turn my car around because that was a one way road. I felt very intimidated.

I did not have a GPS with me and also my cell phone died. Finally, I pulled my car on the road side to ask for help from people who drove by me. A woman saw me sticking out my head through the car window, so she yelled at me because it was too dangerous and unsafe. She was nice enough to stop and gave me the direction to go to the place where I initially wanted to go. She even asked me to follow her until I came to the right place. In the end I gave her a big thank for my heart.

I wouldn't use "intimidate".

jkl

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Portuguese
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
I wouldn't use "intimidate".

Which word can replace intimidate? Was there anyother grammatical mistakes. Please correct. Thanks for your help and comment.

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
I think "frustrate" would work.

I did not have a GPS with me and also my cell phone died. Finally, I pulled my car on the road side to ask for help from people who drove by me. A woman saw me sticking out my head through the car window, so she yelled at me because it was too dangerous and unsafe. She was nice enough to stop and gave me the direction to go to the place where I initially wanted to go. She even asked me to follow her until I came to the right place. In the end I gave her a big thank you from my heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.