Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
This is my work:

Hi Chris,
You right gave me a good news, because actually the first week in August I'll be still working, therefore this change is fine, I wouldn't have been available at that time.
I guess you'll really like everything of my country, specially the food, which is absolutely delicious, indeed I'll take you to taste many kinds of dishes.
Besides, if I know you well, you'll surely love the art and culture of Italy.
Regarding clothes, you should bring with you light clothing such as t-shirts, shirts, shorts, jeans and something else. In fact the Italian summer is very hot, especially in my area. Finally, to get here from the airport, the best way is to take the highway, there you'll find numerous signs indicating my city. Though, if you have any problems, you can call me anytime.

I'm looking forward to seeing you.

Jack

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hi Italy! Here's a revised email. The tone of emails is conversational and light so I have taken out words like "Finally" and changed some other bits, though I've tried to keep your conversational tone and voice. See what you think...

Hi Chris,

You gave me good news because I'll still be working the first week in August, therefore this change is fine as I wouldn't have been available at that time.

[I imagine "at that time" refers to a previous message?]

I guess you'll really like everything in my country, especially the food which is absolutely delicious. Indeed I'll take you to taste many kinds of dishes. Besides, if I know you well, you'll surely love the art and culture of Italy.

Regarding clothes you should bring light clothing such as t-shirts, shirts, shorts, jeans and something else as

["something else" is vague]

the Italian summer is very hot, especially in my area.

The best way to get here from the airport is to take the highway. You'll find numerous signs there indicating my city. If you have any problems you can always call me.

I'm looking forward to seeing you.

Jack

lucakun

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
Thank you so much! I appreciate your revision!

Status
Not open for further replies.