Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Mexico
Current Location
United States
please help me to correct any mistakes in this essay thank you so much.

---------------------------------

A New beginning

The initiative of a new beginning as a single mother I have to face many obstacles, surviving it becomes an everyday challenge. I got married when I was twenty-five years old and have my first baby at the age of twenty six. These were the happiest days of my life, at the age of twenty seven only year later I gave birth to my second child. Until then everything looked fine to me, my dream of having a family become true. My marriage, even though it had its difficulties it was running. Two years ago, the world in which I was leaving to, it collapsed, devastating everything that I had built until then. My husband the only man on my life, betrayed me, and that betray made me realize that I need a new beginning even though that means to start from scratch. I had to take the hardest decision yet, the initiative of a new life. The steps that I was about to take were not going to be easy, I knew that I had a long way to go. According to Leo (2011), “the divorce rate in America for first marriage is 41%; the divorce rate in America for second marriage is 60%; the divorce rate in America for third marriage is 73%”. Unfortunately, I become part of these statistics, and I am not proud of it, but I knew I could not continue living in a pessimistic condition. I had to stand up for myself and my daughters to find an exit door that eventually would guide me through a path of success.
A desire to become successful started to fulfill. My life, so far I had made a big step as it was getting a divorce, but I needed to take even bigger steps in this new beginning. Furthermore, I decided to enroll into a collage to seek a degree. According to Margaret & Sara (2003), “While fewer than one in 20 college-educated, single mothers is over age 26 to 34 and previously, college-educated, single mothers are more than 17 times more likely to fit this description than less-educated, single mothers, and this pattern is stronger among white women than among African American or Hispanic women. This finding suggests that there is a small group of college-educated single women who may indeed choose single motherhood because they fear they are running out of time to bear children.” I was committed not to be one of those less-educated single mothers , for me, it was the opportunity to challenge myself and take control of the situation and not let the situation control me.

The bigger step was yet to come, finding the right school. I made a lot of researches, and I found Hodges University; I decided to enroll on it. By first taking the ESL classes (English as a Second Language).(reference). After a complete semester into these classes, traveling back and forth from Naples to Immokalee City. All this sacrifice made me realize that my future could be brighter than what I expected. Furthermore, I decided to take C-PAT exam, and I passed it successfully with a high score. Suddenly, my life was taking another turn, a brighter future was yet to come, and I am living it. Thanks to the initiative to overcome my fears and start living a new beginning.
I found myself very attractive to a particular career as is Paralegal (reference), all the difficulties that I have had led me into such area. I know the huge challenge that this legal path represents, but I am willing to walk by it and persist on it.

I believe that success is measured by initiative and persistence. I believe that my most important values and beliefs will guide me on my road to success and have the determination to stick with it, no matter what are the circumstances, life always teaches us a value lesson; going through a divorce has taught me to be determined, patient, persistent and believe in myself, this is a rewarding, joyful?? Experience and it takes effort. Mistakes and seat backs are just part of this process. This is only another challenge that I am ready to accomplish. Finishing collage is my dream and acquiring a steady well-paying job will be my goal, finding happiness for myself as well my daughters and by taking every challenge that comes my way.

februar

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
German
Home Country
Switzerland
Current Location
Switzerland
please help me to correct any mistakes in this essay thank you so much.

---------------------------------

A New beginning

When I took the initiative of a new beginning as a single mother I had to face many obstacles which have become an everyday challenge.
I got married when I was twenty-five years old and had my first baby at the age of twenty-six. Only a year later, when I was twenty-seven, I gave birth to my second child. These were the happiest days of my life. Until then everything had looked fine to me, my dream of having a family had become true. My marriage, even though it had its difficulties, was happy. It was two years ago, when this happy world in which I was leaving , collapsed, and thus destroyed everything that I had built up until then. My husband, the only man on my life, betrayed me, and that bitter disappointment made me realize that I would need a new beginning even though that meant to start from scratch. I had to take the hardest decision yet; the initiative of a new life. The steps that I was about to take would not be easy to manage. I knew that I had a long way to go. According to Leo (2011), “the divorce rate in America for first marriage is 41%; the divorce rate in America for second marriage is 60%; the divorce rate in America for third marriage is 73%”. Unfortunately, I become part of these statistics, and I am not proud of it, but I knew I could not continue living in a pessimistic condition. I had to stand up for myself and my daughters to find an exit door that eventually would guide me through a path of success.
A desire to become successful started to fulfill. Actually, I had already made a big step while going through the divorce procedure, but I needed to take even bigger steps in this new beginning. Furthermore, I decided to enroll at a collage to seek a degree. Margaret & Sara said (2003): “While today fewer than one in 20 college-educated single mothers are over the age of 26 to 34, the previously college-educated single mothers were more than 17 times more likely to fit this description than less-educated single mothers, and this pattern is stronger among white women than among African American or Hispanic women. This finding suggests that there is a small group of college-educated single women who may indeed choose single motherhood because they fear they are running out of time to bear children.” I committed myself not to be one of those less-educated single mothers; for me, it was the opportunity to challenge myself and take control of the situation and not let the situation control me.

The bigger step was yet to come, finding the right school. I made a lot of researches, and I found Hodges University; I decided to enroll on it. First I would take the ESL classes (English as a Second Language) (Reference). After a complete semester in these classes, I would travel back and forth from Naples to Immokalee City. All this sacrifice made me realize that my future could be brighter than what I expected. Furthermore, I decided to take C-PAT exam, and I passed it successfully with a high score. Suddenly, my life was taking another turn, a brighter future was yet to come, and I am living it. Thanks to the initiative to overcome my fears and start living a new beginning.
I found myself very attracted to a particular career as is the position of a paralegal (reference). All the difficulties that I have had led me into such an area. I know the huge challenge that this legal path represents, but I am willing to go through it and persist in doing it.

I believe that success is measured by initiative and persistence. I believe that my most important values and beliefs will guide me on my road to success and have the determination to stick with it, no matter what are the circumstances. Life always teaches us value lessons; going through a divorce, for example, has taught me to be determined, patient, persistent, and to believe in myself. Such an experience is rewarding and enjoyable but takes considerable effort. Mistakes and setbacks are just part of this process. This is only another challenge that I am ready to accomplish. Finishing collage is my dream and acquiring a steady well-paid job will be my goal, but my ultimate aim will be finding happiness for myself as well my daughters and taking every challenge that comes my way.

Good luck!
februar (no teacher)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.