Student or Learner
Native Language
Portuguese
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
Adult education later in life.
Please help to write it. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
It is uncommon for adults to go back to school later in life in my country. There are a number of reasons why they never make an effort to go back to school. Here are some problems. There are not many adult-programs available in my country. If there is any they don’t like to go to school because of their financial situations or simply because they do not just have any motivations. In my knowledge a few people go back to school for a short period because it is mandatory from their work places. Getting a University degree or college diploma is rare for an adult. An Open University has distance adult programs, but enrolment is very low due to lack of

billmcd

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Adult education later in life.
Please help to write it. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
It is uncommon for adults to go back to school later in life in my country. There are a number of reasons why they never make an effort to go back to school. Here are some of the problems. There are not many adult-programs available in my country. If there [STRIKE]is[/STRIKE]are any, [STRIKE]they[/STRIKE]adults don’t like to go to school because of their financial situations or simply because they just do not [STRIKE]just[/STRIKE] have any motivation[STRIKE]s[/STRIKE]. [STRIKE]In[/STRIKE]To my knowledge a few people go back to school for a short period because it is mandatory [STRIKE]from[/STRIKE]at their work places. Getting a University degree or college diploma is rare for an adult. An Open University has distance-learning adult programs, but enrollment is very low due to lack of (?)

b.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
For information, "enrolment" is perfectly acceptable in BrE. AmE favours "enrollment".

jkl

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Portuguese
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada

Thank you very much for your help.

I skiped last part of my wrinting when I posted

----------supports to continue their studies. Now a days it is necessary to think about the Lifelong learning because technology is changing constantly so without proper education it is not possible to stay in the current job market competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.