Member Type
Academic
Native Language
German
Home Country
Germany
Current Location
Germany
Basically two varieties of replication are distinguished: the synchronous and asynchronous. Synchronous replication is a cross reference with RAID1, just over larger distance: Only if the data in both storage systems are safely on disk, the application receives the appropriate response. As a result, when a failure of memory or the secondary link there that forced labor is at a standstill. On the other hand, it is only with synchronous replication to achieve Zero Data Loss Policy. With asynchronous replication; the application receives the feedback already, if the data resides on the local disk. The transfer to the secondary system takes place after the event on the background. Data loss can therefore not be completely ruled out.
A significant disadvantage of synchronous replication is the delay of the feedback. Which depends, among other things, the distance between the mirrors? One kilometer of fiber optic transmission delay as the signal by about 5 microseconds.

SlickVic9000

Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
What are you asking for exactly? Do you want someone to proofread this?

madunix

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
German
Home Country
Germany
Current Location
Germany
yes please.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
There are my first thoughts. I am afraid I don't know what the words I have underlined mean.
Basically two varieties of replication are distinguished: the synchronous and asynchronous. Synchronous replication is a cross reference with RAID1, [STRIKE]just[/STRIKE] but over a [STRIKE]larger [/STRIKE] greater distance: Only if the data in both storage systems are safely on disk[STRIKE],[/STRIKE] does the application receive[STRIKE]s[/STRIKE] the appropriate response. As a result, when a failure of memory or the secondary link there that forced labor is at a standstill. On the other hand, it is only with synchronous replication that [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE][STRIKE] achieve[/STRIKE] Zero Data Loss Policy is achieved. With asynchronous replication[STRIKE];[/STRIKE], the application receives the feedback already, if the data resides on the local disk. The transfer to the secondary system takes place after the event on the background. Data loss can therefore not be completely ruled out.
A significant disadvantage of synchronous replication is the delay [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] in the feedback. Which depends, among other things, the distance between the mirrors? One kilometer of fiber optic transmission delay as the signal by about 5 microseconds.

madunix

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
German
Home Country
Germany
Current Location
Germany
appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.