• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Italian
      • Home Country:
      • Italy
      • Current Location:
      • Italy

translation

This is part of an Italian-English translation I'm working on. It doesn't sound right to me,even though you do not have the original text, could you have a look and tell me if there is something wrong?

– Music would be needed in order to make peasants go back to the House of the Lord. I had ordered a harmonium, I had it taken to the Church yesterday. It is exactly what we need. But, who is going to play it? I thought of her who knows how to do anything –.
    I told him I had studied the piano, but it had been ages since I last touched a keyboard. I was to try, but not to work as a regular organist; I would be able to help him a couple of times a week, just to do him a favour. If there was someone who sang, I would be able to play a bit of accompaniment: but I would have had the music sent over in order to play.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Re: translation

*Not a Teacher*

Music would be needed to bring the peasants back into the House of the Lord. I had ordered a harmonium the day before and had it delivered to the church. It was precisely what we needed, but who was going to play it? My thoughts turned to a woman of many talents --

-- I told him that I had studied piano, but it had been ages since I last touched a keyboard. I could not work as a regular organist, but as a favor, I would help him a couple of times a week. If there was someone who sang, I could play a bit of accompaniment. However, I would need the music in front of me in order to play.

There's my best shot. I struggled a bit trying to get a feel for the tense of this passage, especially the first part. Without context, I just can't establish the frame of reference. But perhaps you'll still find this helpful.
    Last edited by SlickVic9000; 14-Nov-2011 at 20:41.