Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
Canada
How can we study the Arab uprisings (or if you want to call it the Arab spring) from a linguistic perspective? i want to find a suitable topic for my research thesis focusing on the Arab uprisings ( since it's one of the hottest topics today, i guess) but i still find it too broad :-? I've been thinking of exploiting the role of social media in these revolutions but it still needs to be further narrowed down and i can't seem to find enough resources on the internet about this topic. Please any suggestions would be welcomed !! TIA

salma1988

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
Canada
What do you think scholars did before there was the Internet? You could read newspapers (usually available at libraries), read magazines and talk to reporters and others who were at the uprisings.

First, I would like to thank you for your quick reply. and I do realize I could find valuable information in magazines (like you stated), all kinds of journals and books (not just in the internet) ... however since this is a NEW topic there are not enough resources and the focus in this topic has been strictly political or historical. Probably the best thing i could do at this point is to start collecting data like you recommended. thanks anyway for your feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.