[QUOTE=wanglili;823900]I am writing an admission essay for a graduate program.
I am writing an admission essay for a graduate program. Could anyone help me see if there is any error or inappropriateness in the following sentences? THANK YOU!!
1. ESL teaching is a dynamic yet demanding field with new solutions and perspectives to be unfolded by tenacious educators.
2. This class won for their school the third prize of all the 42 primary schools in their district, which was the first award that pupils had received for an English subject.
3. Witnessing my students showing more interests in learning English gave me a sense of achievement but I knew just one drama performance was not enough to make them qualified English learners. Their poor knowledge of English had worried me.
4. Meanwhile, observation in classrooms gave me the impression that students who used the most grammatical forms instead of the most appropriate ones got more praise than others. Aspects such as cultural differences behind languages, which seriously affected the efficiency of communication, were rarely addressed.
5. More than once I have heard
or more than once have I heard??(Or: I have heard more than once)
6. My major concern lies in our teachersí capabilities to change the current educational system into a better one, which require them to demonstrate both high level of language proficiency and the wits to detect hiding problems and challenge out-dated solutions.
februar, no teacher
Student or Learner