Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Please chech the letter to make it more unity, coherent, and natural.

Dear Mr. Wang,

I really regret to tell you that I will resign from your editorial office on January 18, 2012.

I very appreciate the care and support that you have given to me during the two months that I have worked here. And I also appreciate the valuable opportunities that you have offered to me.

However, I find that the job is not what I expected in the past two months. As you know, it mainly deals with inanimate stuff, i.e. words, photos and graphs while I prefer working with animate life, i.e. people, communicating with them, because of my outgoing personality. In addition, I feel that it is rather hard for me to sit still in a place the whole day. Therefore, I do not think the current job is fit for me.

I will, of course, handle over the outstanding work and responsibilities before I am leaving. Finally, I am very sorry for the inconvenience that I have caused.

Yours sincerely,

Liu He

billmcd

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Please check the letter to make it more [STRIKE]unity,[/STRIKE] coherent, and natural.

Dear Mr. Wang,

I [STRIKE]really[/STRIKE] regret to [STRIKE]tell you [/STRIKE] advise that I hereby submit my resignation from your editorial office [STRIKE]on[/STRIKE] effective January 18, 2012.

I very much appreciate the [STRIKE]care[/STRIKE] consideration and support that you have given [STRIKE]to [/STRIKE] me during the two months that I have worked here. And I also appreciate the valuable opportunities that you have offered [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] me.

However, I find that the job is not what I expected in the past two months. As you know, it mainly deals with [STRIKE]inanimate stuff, i.e.[/STRIKE] words, photos and graphs while I prefer working with [STRIKE]animate life, i.e.[/STRIKE] people and communicating with them, because of my outgoing personality. In addition, I feel that it is rather hard for me to sit still in a place the whole day.(I would not include the previous statement in your letter of resignation) Therefore, I do not think the current job is [STRIKE]fit[/STRIKE] suitable for me.

I will, of course, [STRIKE]handle [/STRIKE] hand over [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] any outstanding work and responsibilities before I [STRIKE]am[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]leaving[/STRIKE] leave. Finally, I am very sorry for [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] any inconvenience that [STRIKE]I have caused[/STRIKE] my resignation will cause.

Yours sincerely,

Liu He

Suggestions (above) and a question: Didn't you know what the job required when you started? And a comment: I don't know what the proper protocol for resignation is in your country but I think you should be careful about including too many specifics about your dissatisfaction with the job, especially if you expect to use your former employer as a reference.

ziawj2

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Suggestions (above) and a question: Didn't you know what the job required when you started? And a comment: I don't know what the proper protocol for resignation is in your country but I think you should be careful about including too many specifics about your dissatisfaction with the job, especially if you expect to use your former employer as a reference.

Thank you very much for your careful and accurate check.
Didn't you know what the job required when you started?
Before I I started I had thought that I could adjust myself to it, but at last I find I can't, so I have to quit the job.

Thank you for your recommendation, I will not include too many specifics in my own letter of resignation next time!

But if I am required to list the reasons why I quit the job in the writing task, could I change the second reason "In addition, I feel that it is rather difficult for me to sit still in one place the whole day. Therefore, I do not think the current job is suitable for me." to the following one?

In addition, I have always been desirous of gaining experience in marketing, and I want to have a try. Maybe that will be more suitbale for me.

billmcd

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Thank you very much for your careful and accurate check.
Didn't you know what the job required when you started?
Before I I started I had thought that I could adjust myself to it, but at last I find I can't, so I have to quit the job.

Thank you for your recommendation, I will not include too many specifics in my own letter of resignation next time!

But if I am required to list the reasons why I quit the job in the writing task, could I change the second reason "In addition, I feel that it is rather difficult for me to sit still in one place the whole day. Therefore, I do not think the current job is suitable for me." to the following one?

In addition, I have always been desirous of gaining experience in marketing, and I want to have a try. Maybe that will be more suitbale for me.

Yes.

ziawj2

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China

billmcd

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Thank you.

But I think that the clause"I want to have a try" is informal. Do you have any other suggestion?

In addition, I have always been desirous of gaining experience in marketing, and I [STRIKE]want to have a try[/STRIKE] expect to seek the opportunity with another organization. Maybe that [STRIKE]will [/STRIKE] would be more suitbale for me.

ziawj2

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
In addition, I have always been desirous of gaining experience in marketing, and I [STRIKE]want to have a try[/STRIKE] expect to seek the opportunity with another organization. Maybe that [STRIKE]will [/STRIKE] would be more suitbale for me.

Thank you very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.