• Native Language:
      • Ukrainian
      • Home Country:
      • Ukraine
      • Current Location:
      • Ukraine

• Post Thanks / Like

while you’re at it

Orbiter is quite harmless – it is free software developed and released purely for educational and entertainment purposes, but you should follow the rules of your home or school (if you’re an adult reading this, you might not need permission, but give your parents a call anyway, they’ll be happy to hear from you – and tell them about Orbiter while you’re at it).
    (Go Play In Space)

I suppose that the part in bold means 'while you're talking with them by phone'.
    Am I right?

Thanks.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: while you’re at it

Quote Originally Posted by suprunp View Post
    Orbiter is quite harmless – it is free software developed and released purely for educational and entertainment purposes, but you should follow the rules of your home or school (if you’re an adult reading this, you might not need permission, but give your parents a call anyway, they’ll be happy to hear from you – and tell them about Orbiter while you’re at it).
    (Go Play In Space)

I suppose that the part in bold means 'while you're talking with them by phone'.
    Am I right?

Thanks.
    Yes. Whenever we say "while you're at it" we mean "while you're doing whatever it is we are currently talking about you doing".

I'm going shopping.
    Great, can you pick up some coffee while you're at it?

I'm writing a computer program to help me with my homework. While I'm at it, I might write one that adds Ł1 million to my bank account!
    Last edited by emsr2d2; 29-Nov-2011 at 20:51.