Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
The wolf made the second little pig's house collapse, and it said "wolf's honor", what does it mean?

ex).The trues story of 3 little pigs
..And you're not going to believe it, but this guy's house fell down just like his brother's. When the dust cleared, there was the Second Little Pig- dead as a doornail. Wolf's honor.
Now you know food will spoil if you just leave it out in the open. So I did the only thing there was to do. I had dinner again.....

birdeen's call

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
The wolf made the second little pig's house collapse, and it said "wolf's honor", what does it mean?

ex).The trues story of 3 little pigs
..And you're not going to believe it, but this guy's house fell down just like his brother's. When the dust cleared, there was the Second Little Pig- dead as a doornail. Wolf's honor.
Now you know food will spoil if you just leave it out in the open. So I did the only thing there was to do. I had dinner again.....
It means that he swears on his Wolf's honor that what he's saying is true. You will hear people use the expression "scout's honor" even when they are not scouts:

BECKS I give you my word.
MONTALI Scout 's honor?
BECKS Yes. Scout 's honor.
(Laura Annawyn Shamas, Girl Wonder, 1989)

Last edited:

keannu

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
It means that he swears on his Wolf's honor that what he's saying is true. You will hear people use the expression "scout's honor" even when they are not scouts:

(Laura Annawyn Shamas, Girl Wonder, 1989)

What did he claim was true? That there was the secod pig lying on the ground or that he did some righteous thing? What did he make his honor?

birdeen's call

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
He swears that the Pig was dead as a doornail. I don't understand the last question.

Status
Not open for further replies.