Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
On Sun, Dec 4, 2011 at 9:31 AM, ONKAR SINGH @ UsingEnglish.com ESL Forum <onkar_gnit001@rediff.com> wrote:
Sir
Now
i have problem when i use past participle of any verb with noun.i know past participle will act as a adjective or adverb when it is used with noun like described war,murdered child etc.
� But my problem is following.Can i use past participial of any verb .with noun which neither acting as adjective or adverb?
� which one of following is correct

1- Brought items were put in bag.
2-Story of a killed boy
3- forwarded mails have been received
� � In above given example ,i tried to use passive sense of noun.Can i use this with every type of noun which gives meaning.
� � �Please solve my problem .Requesting you.

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
On Sun, Dec 4, 2011 at 9:31 AM, ONKAR SINGH @ UsingEnglish.com ESL Forum <onkar_gnit001@rediff.com> wrote:
Sir
Now
i have problem when i use past participle of any verb with noun.i know past participle will act as a adjective or adverb when it is used with noun like described war,murdered child etc.
� But my problem is following. Can i use past participial of any verb .with noun which neither acting as adjective or adverb?
You can be sure that the noun will not be acting as an adjective or adverb.
� which one of following is correct

1- Brought items were put in bag.
2-Story of a killed boy
3- forwarded mails have been received
These past participles are all adjectives.
� � In above given example ,i tried to use passive sense of noun.
Nouns don't have a passive sense. Sentences 1 and 3 are in the passive voice. 2 isn't a sentence.

Can i use this with every type of noun which gives meaning.
� � �Please solve my problem .Requesting you.
Your question is unclear. You seem to be asking whether you can use any past participal with a noun without it being an adjective.
But in the examples you've given, the past participles (which I have bolded) are all adjectives.

It would be better if you used full proper sentences as your examples.
What is it you want to know?

Status
Not open for further replies.