Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 12 of 12
  1. BobK's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

    • Join Date: Jul 2006
    • Posts: 16,038

    Re: British slang- "Flappy Chap"?

    Quote Originally Posted by catbert View Post
    Are you talking about the same show?
    I am afraid all of this makes it only more confusing.
    And you mean "flap" as in "argument"?
    Yes - Top Gear, cars, un-PC banter (Jeremy Clarkson got into trouble last week talking about the public-sector strikes last week on another show:

    And I don't mean 'flap' as in 'argument' - which is an extended usage because an argument often causes a disturbance. I mean 'flap' as in 'kerfuffle'/'tizz'/ 'unmanly [in the view of Jermy Clarkson] state of indecision'. (For Clarkson, the ultimate insult is 'girlie'.)


  2. Bennevis's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Russian
      • Home Country:
      • Russian Federation
      • Current Location:
      • Russian Federation

    • Join Date: Aug 2011
    • Posts: 1,052

    Re: British slang- "Flappy Chap"?

    To be honest, this idea crossed my mind when I was reading the 7th entry article on that website I mentioned.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Similar Threads

  1. Where British held sway." means "Where British ruled
    By twilit1988 in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 15-Sep-2011, 19:05
  2. BrE slang or informal term for "Listless", please?
    By Mehrgan in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 27-Apr-2011, 16:36
  3. March 2006 Newsletter Slang Term "Noob"
    By Robbie_Durham in forum Comments & Suggestions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-Mar-2006, 10:47


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts