Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
hooshdar, why do you ignore repeated requests for more context? People who come fresh to your threads have no idea that you are talking about chess. I am not going to answer any more of your questions unless you give more information. Others may; that's up to them.

hooshdar3

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
hooshdar, why do you ignore repeated requests for more context? People who come fresh to your threads have no idea that you are talking about chess. I am not going to answer any more of your questions unless you give more information. Others may; that's up to them.
What context?
ٌ

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic

hooshdar3

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
The context of having your threads closed/deleted if you won't cooperate. :)
OK.It isw about chess.Yes.Any more context?

birdeen's call

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
OK.It isw about chess.Yes.Any more context?
Yes! Always tell us where you found your sentence, who wrote it, when and why. Anything that can be useful. Understand that, as the person who doesn't know what something means, you cannot know what is necessary for the answerer to give an answer. Therefore, you should provide as much information as possible. The more information you give, the better chance you have that what you have given is enough. And if there is not enough information to give a good answer, no good answer will be given.

hooshdar3

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Yes! Always tell us where you found your sentence, who wrote it, when and why. Anything that can be useful. Understand that, as the person who doesn't know what something means, you cannot know what is necessary for the answerer to give an answer. Therefore, you should provide as much information as possible. The more information you give, the better chance you have that what you have given is enough. And if there is not enough information to give a good answer, no good answer will be given.

OK.In FIDE TRG(2010) Mikhail Gurevich wrote thus at the conclusion of a chapter on "Basic/Typical plans"..

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
I also have readthe link you provided.But I feel that in terms of means "on the basis of" or "in the form of" not the one Cambridge dictionary® provided in that link.
Why not "in relation to"?

hooshdar3

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Why not "in relation to"?
My chess knowledge deems it natural to think on the basis of plans, as opposed to play with no plan.
But what would it mean to think in relation to plans?

Status
Not open for further replies.