Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
What is the verb for this action?
Example:
My father died many years ago. But before his death, we went to some special office (I don't know the name of such offices in English) together and he _________ all his property to me.
I know leave and donate can be correct. But I am looking for another verb. For example, what happens when you sell your car? You sign a paper and ________.

Ilki

Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
My father died many years ago. But before his death, we went to some special office (I don't know the name of such offices in English) together and he bequeathed all his property to me.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Note that "bequeath" isn't appropriate when selling your car. It specifically means to promise something to someone else after your death.

With a car, you "transfer ownership".

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
What is the verb for this action?
Example:
My father died many years ago. But before his death, we went to some special office (I don't know the name of such offices in English) together and he _________ all his property to me.
I know leave and donate can be correct. But I am looking for another verb. For example, what happens when you sell your car? You sign a paper and ________.
You can also used "willed". "He willed his money to me."
"Donate" isn't a good word for leaving money to relatives, but you could possibly use it for charities and organizations.

Status
Not open for further replies.