Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
United Arab Emirates
Current Location
United Arab Emirates
Hello guys,

This is a report of my training period in ELI. So I required to write a report about the place that I trained in and the employers also the tasks that I did.

This is the report. Would you please proofread it and tell me if it good or not :)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

The training was in (ELI) the English Language Institute which provides general English language courses to the students of King Abdul-Aziz University. It is in Al-Salama dict. in Al-Salama college for the preparatory students. It [FONT=&quot]established in 1975 by the British Council, almost 8 years after the foundation of the University.[/FONT]
Since the introduction of the Foundation Year at KAU in 2006, the University has made it a prerequisite that all newly-admitted students take, at that time, the ELC was under the supervision of the College of Arts and Humanities at KAU.
As the ELC's responsibilities grew with an increasing Foundation Year student intake every year, it started to receive more support directly from the Office of the KAU Vice-President, until it became a recognized independent KAU entity in 2008, known as the English Language Institute. The transfer to institute status was made with Royal Approval, bestowing on it increased national standing and support.​
ELI structure:
Vice- Dean, Administrators, Supervisors, Teachers,Trainees.​

Job description:
I trained in (ELI) English Language Institute, as a trainee I do many tasks: office works and as teacher assistant. The office works like photocopy, organize some papers in a files, stapling papers, organize some files.​
Also, I work as teacher assistant and I did many tasks as correcting the students papers, observer on the students while they have an exam, help the teacher with the weekly evolution of the students, assist the students in their writing, and teach. It is a good experience to be a teacher after the gradation.​
There was a good interaction between me as trainee and teachers, the supervisor Ms. Mahassen also among the trainees themselves. All the 6 weeks of training was good experience to lean a new skills which will help in the future, e.g. , I learned how to use the photocopy machine, organize the files, how to teach and control the class, how to evaluate the students as weekly evaluation ( it is similar to the questioner that the students have to fill in, it is consist of questions about the whole unit of the text book, e.g., what did you learn of this unite, what is the difficulties that you face in this unit, etc. And as trainee I have to evaluate the students weekly according to this questioner if the student give a clear ideas she will take the full mark but if she give unclear sentence she will take less and so on).​
The best skill I have learned is teaching. It was a good and new experience. It was require for each trainee to teach. I present the lesson in power point slid show. The title of lessen was " Can You Speak English" the point of the lesson is how to use can/can't in a form of sentence and yes/no question. Also I give the students some worksheets exercises to help them to do a conversation in the class.​
My evaluation of the institute:​
1. It is a good place for practicing the language with the teachers.​
2. All the teachers were good helpers.​
3. The tasks were schedule for every week.​
Tasks:​
The first week;​
I photocopy some papers, stapling them and organize them in files.​
In this week I learn how to use the photocopy machine. The bad thing in the first week is that the vice-dean of the institute was surprised that we are trainees and we supposed to train in the institute. But she did a good job and introduced us to the supervisor Ms. Mahassn than Ms. Mahassn give us the tasks.​
The second week;​
The supervisor Ms. Mahassn divide all the trainees into group each group have to attend a class and assist the teacher of the class. I was with Ms. Sara Ali.​
The third week;​
In this week I attend class with Ms. Sara Ali and assist her in correcting the students papers, help her with the students weekly evaluation. And in this week the students have their 2nd exam so I help the teacher with the observation.​
The fourth week;​
The supervisor Ms. Mahassn divide the trainee individually. Each one of the trainees have to assist her teacher. I was with Ms. Fatin Rajab.​
The fifth week;​
I attend the class with Ms. Fatin and let me to observe her way of teaching and how to control the class.​
The sixth week; (last week)​
I taught a lesson in unit six. The title of the lesson (Can You Speak English). It is about how to use can/can't in a form of sentence and yes/no question. I was require to teach no more than half an hour. I present the lesson in power point slide show. Then I did the exercises than I give them some worksheets to help them doing a conversation in the class. The rest of the week I help the teacher to correct the students papers.

My regard! :up:

Last edited:

Happy Face :)

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
United Arab Emirates
Current Location
United Arab Emirates
Please guys! would you proofread it for me.
PLZ >_<

Status
Not open for further replies.