Student or Learner
Please in what way(s) is the following statement wrong:
She go to school everyday/I go to shopping.
Thanks Bill! See I have to do the following:
- select an example of MT influence.
- example must not be a false friend
- example must not be a pronunciation problem
- example must not be a problem related to vocabulary
- give 3 or 4 examples of the same error in different contexts (e.g. as a question, a statement, with different tenses and so on.
- explain in appropriate language and linguistic terminology the grammatical structure of the error and, with reference to the MT, the reason for the error.
- suggest 3 or 4 practical activities or exercises you could use in the classroom to help your students overcome the MT influence in this case and produce correct English.
I'm kinda stuck and unable to isolate a specific word to use for this exercise. I will appreciate any help!