Question Errors in the Article

Hello Teachers:

I have written an article for a weblogs site. I am posting it here. Could please scrutinize it for error? I would be very grateful. The article goes like this:

Is it true that we are heading towards the End of Times? Tsunami, Katrina Hurricane and the recent quake that ravaged Pakistan: Aren’t these catastrophes giving us some kind of hint that the Doomsday is near?

It began with Tsunami hitting on December 26, 2004; followed by Katrina Hurricane on August 25, 2005; and then the recent earthquake on October 8, 2005 that destroyed the lives of thousands of people in Pakistan, crippling major parts of our motherland.

With such devastation, it would be stupidity to get ignorant to the fact that He is really upset with the world and it natives. Are we really deviating from goodness, faith, and truth? The answer is: Yes, we are. We are too busy with our lives that we do not give importance to the basic pillars of our religion; He makes us remember that He is the only power that gives and takes. We are so engrossed in wrongdoings that we cannot distinguish right from wrong, truth from falsehood, and light from darkness; He makes us distinguish. We are so indifferent that we cannot feel others’ pain and sufferings; He makes us believe that even we are not immortals.

These calamities are His way of showing that He is “the supreme” and rules even the infinitesimal peck of dirt. These are His ways of warning us that we are misleading. These are His ways of telling us that there is still time that we change the evil course and live the way He wants us to live lest we are benighted by His rage. Just give it a thought!

Re: Errors in the Article

Which one is correct: For starters, I would like to know what do you do? or
    For starters, I would like to know what you do.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Laos

Re: Errors in the Article

to get ignorant - I wouldn't use this- how about 'to nignore'?
    and it natives- its (I'd also use inhabitants rather than natives)
    He is “the supreme” - 'supreme' or 'the Supreme Being'
    His ways of warning us that we are misleading- change 'misleading'- going wrong?
    there is still time that we change - time for us to change

2- For starters, I would like to know what you do.

Question Re: Errors in the Article

Thanks todl, but you did not specify the reasons. I would be grateful, if you mention the reasons as well.

Regards,

Raza