Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Dutch
Home Country
Netherlands
Current Location
Netherlands
First of all, I would like to thank the people on this forum for helping people like me, who are still developing their English language. My native language is dutch and I'm afraid I might have made some grammar errors. Would you be so kind to check my PhD motivation letter? Thanks in advance.

Dear Dr. ****,

I am writing to apply for the PhD studentship in the “****” project within the [FONT=&quot]**** group.
I have completed the Master of BioMedical Engineering. Right now I am in the process of searching for a suitable doctoral program in the development of biological and medical applications. Having reviewed the studentship program, I believe I am a qualified candidate and would like to apply.[/FONT]

I received my undergraduate education in Biology and Medical Laboratory Research at ****** College in ******. In the course of this education I took an 6 month internship at the *** medical centre in ****, were I received experience with clinical laboratory techniques and analysis. During the penultimate year of my undergraduate course, I decided to specialize in research and development. I finished my Bachelor on a collaboration project between the University of **** and *****. This project included the validation of a microchip for electrolytes measurements in blood. After graduating for my Bachelor degree, I decided to continue my education as no research orientated vacancy of interest were available. Therefore I started the Master's Programme Biomedical Engineering. The final Master project consisted of a collaboration project between the **** and the ***** group. The goal of this project included the development of a *** structure for the entrapment of biological cells as a research tool. During this project I discovered that the development of biological and medical based applications is what I prefer most.

I’m interested in this PhD position as of its interdisciplinary[FONT=&quot] scientific value and the challenges of the development of diagnostic device. Also, the excitement and satisfaction of participating in this vast expanding field encourages me to apply. Based on my academic knowledge and practical experience, I believe that I have the capability, and potential to take this PhD position. As my Master programme combines areas of technology, biology and medicine. Due to my Bachelor and Master projects I obtained a broad knowledge in biochemistry, microfabrication, optical techniques and I became familiar with the basics of microfluidics. Personal characteristics of perseverance, diligence and creativity will contribute to my work as a PhD student. I am confident that I will be an active, open minded and useful member and researcher. I am waiting for your kind and positive response. Thank you for your time and consideration. I[FONT=&quot] wi[/FONT]ll be more than happy to provide any further information or documents if required.[/FONT]

Yours Sincerely,

februar

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
German
Home Country
Switzerland
Current Location
Switzerland
First of all, I would like to thank the people on this forum for helping people like me, who are still developing their English language. My native language is dutch and I'm afraid I might have made some grammar errors. Would you be so kind to check my PhD motivation letter? Thanks in advance.

Dear Dr. ****,

I am writing to apply for the PhD studentship in the “****” project within the [FONT=&quot]**** group.
I have completed the Master of BioMedical Engineering. Right now I am in the process of searching for a suitable doctoral program in the development of biological and medical applications. Having reviewed the studentship program, I believe I am a qualified candidate and would like to apply.

I received my undergraduate education in Biology and Medical Laboratory Research at ****** College in ******. In the course of this education I took a 6-month internship at the *** medical centre in ****, were I gained experience with clinical laboratory techniques and analysis. During the penultimate year of my undergraduate course, I decided to specialize in research and development. I finished my Bachelor on a collaboration project between the University of **** and *****. This project included the validation of a microchip for electrolytes measurements in blood. After graduating for my Bachelor degree, I decided to continue my education as no research orientated vacancies of interest were available. Therefore I started the Master's Programme Biomedical Engineering. The final Master project consisted of a collaboration project between the **** and the ***** group. The goal of this project included the development of a *** structure for the entrapment of biological cells as a research tool. During this project I discovered that the development of biological and medical based applications is what I prefer most.

I’m interested in this PhD position as of its interdisciplinary scientific value and the challenges of the development of diagnostic device. Also, the excitement and satisfaction of participating in this vast expanding field encourages me to apply. Based on my academic knowledge and practical experience, I believe that I have the capability, and potential to take this PhD position. As my Master program combines areas of technology, biology and medicine. Due to my Bachelor and Master projects I obtained a broad knowledge in biochemistry, microfabrication, optical techniques and I became familiar with the basics of microfluidics. Personal characteristics of perseverance, diligence and creativity will contribute to my work as a PhD student. I am confident that I will be an active, open minded and useful member and researcher.

I am waiting for your kind and positive response. Thank you for your time and consideration. I[FONT=&quot] wi[/FONT]ll be more than happy to provide any further information or documents if required.

Yours Sincerely,[/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.