Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
Sri Lanka
Current Location
Kuwait
Hi,

I need to write a letter to our management why we are going only with this one company for purchasing a switch

Please correct my letter and make it as a professional.

Changing the switch in x branch

With Referring to thes ubject (office branch name here) switch is restarting its own and need to replace with a new one. Therefore we need purchase the switch from GRP. We already having contract with GRP for IT also they are the one authorized dealer for the SONY products.

Yours faithfully,

leeds

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
Sri Lanka
Current Location
Kuwait
Anyone please help.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Most of the people who are good at profreading/correction are probably enjoying Christmas or Hanukkah with their families. You'll need to be patient.

Happy holiday.

leeds

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
Sri Lanka
Current Location
Kuwait
Sure, I'm waiting.

tedtmc

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Hi,

I need to write a letter to our management why we are going only with this one company for purchasing a switch

Please correct my letter and make it as a professional.

Changing the switch in x branch

With Referring to thes ubject (office branch name here) switch is restarting its own and need to replace with a new one. Therefore we need purchase the switch from GRP. We already having contract with GRP for IT also they are the one authorized dealer for the SONY products.

Yours faithfully,

not a teacher

This is a request for a purchase of an item.
You should be clear about the points you wish to convey to the management first - the type of switch you are referring to (including the brand which I presume is 'Sony') and where it is to be used. I thought a switch is device which goes on or off and cannot understand how it can 'restart on its own'. Do you mean it cannot be switched off? The management may not understand the technical details of the item.
State the full name of the supplier, GRP.
Is the item only available from GRP and not other suppliers? Is the price reasonable from the particular supplier?

leeds

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
Sri Lanka
Current Location
Kuwait
not a teacher

This is a request for a purchase of an item.
You should be clear about the points you wish to convey to the management first - the type of switch you are referring to (including the brand which I presume is 'Sony') and where it is to be used. I thought a switch is device which goes on or off and cannot understand how it can 'restart on its own'. Do you mean it cannot be switched off? The management may not understand the technical details of the item.
State the full name of the supplier, GRP.
Is the item only available from GRP and not other suppliers? Is the price reasonable from the particular supplier?

Thanks for replying.

Yes, this is a purchasing request letter to the management. We are having a branch xxx.there is a Netowkring switch its restarting its own, switch brand is SONY. the supplier or company name I have mentioned as GRP, I want to tell them why we are going with this supplier because GRP is the only dealer for SONY Networking Switch. also GRP having a maintenance contract with us. there for we are going with GRP.

tedtmc

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Request for the Purchase of 'Sony' Networking Switch

The networking switch used in xxx Branch is malfunctioning and needs to be replaced.

We wish to recommend that the item be purchased from GRP, which are one of our regular IT suppliers and are the sole distributor for SONY products. We attach here a quotation from GRP for the item for your information. We look forward to your approval.

leeds

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
Sri Lanka
Current Location
Kuwait

The networking switch used in xxx Branch is malfunctioning and needs to be replaced.

We wish to recommend that the item be purchased from GRP, which are one of our regular IT suppliers and are the sole distributor for SONY products. We attach here a quotation from GRP for the item for your information. We look forward to your approval.

Thank you very much.

We need to mention they are the only authorized dealer and they are having maintanace contract with us.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Thank you very much.

We need to mention they are the only authorized dealer and they are having maintanace contract with us.

Then add "They are the only authorized dealer and we already have a maintenance contract with them". You posted almost the correct sentences yourself.

tedtmc

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
You have to get the item from them if they are the sole distributor, not just an authorized dealer. There could be other authorized dealers, in which case, price would be the deciding factor.

Having a maintenance contract with them is not a good reason to buy from them, is it? ;-)

leeds

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
Sri Lanka
Current Location
Kuwait
Then add "They are the only authorized dealer and we already have a maintenance contract with them". You posted almost the correct sentences yourself.

Thank you very much for your prompt replies.

leeds

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
Sri Lanka
Current Location
Kuwait

item to be purchased to item be purchased?

tedtmc

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
You recommend that something (no 'to') be purchased - is correct.

or

You recommend something to be purchased.

leeds

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
Sri Lanka
Current Location
Kuwait
You have to get the item from them if they are the sole distributor, not just an authorized dealer. There could be other authorized dealers, in which case, price would be the deciding factor.

Having a maintenance contract with them is not a good reason to buy from them, is it? ;-)

Only this company sell such switch non of them sell here in KWT.. you are correct having maintenance contract with them isn't a good reason

l

Status
Not open for further replies.