Results 1 to 2 of 2
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • German
      • Home Country:
      • Germany
      • Current Location:
      • China

    • Join Date: Mar 2010
    • Posts: 13

    Question hip in cloth production


    I'd like to know the English word for the hip line (like the waistline) in cloth production.
    And just in case it is not a normal shirt (but like a long coat or a belly free top (by the way - is that the correct word?) - how is the lower perimeter of the cloth called?

    Thank you in advance
    Bye, Chris

  1. Barb_D's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

    • Join Date: Mar 2007
    • Posts: 19,235

    Re: hip in cloth production

    Do you mean the "hemline"? That's the lowest edge of the fabric.

    I'm not sure what you mean by a belly free top. Can you post a picture?
    I'm not a teacher, but I write for a living. Please don't ask me about 2nd conditionals, but I'm a safe bet for what reads well in (American) English.

Similar Threads

  1. [Vocabulary] Hip-pocket issue
    By emka in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 17-Oct-2011, 21:30
  2. [Grammar] production / production related reports
    By uktous in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 15-Oct-2010, 14:34
  3. hip character
    By GUEST2008 in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-Jan-2009, 01:16
  4. Hip to be square
    By abajo in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 24-Jan-2008, 23:32
  5. rode on his hip
    By KLPNO in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 13-Jan-2008, 20:37


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts