Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Panama
Current Location
Panama
Hi Teachers,

I was doing the reading comprenhension quiz, unfortunatelly the web page doesn't allow me to paste the link here

and arose a question after I read this:
Airbus orders unveiled on Monday included Qatar Airways confirming a $16bn order for 80 A350 Airbus planes and ordering three A380 super-jumbos for about $750m.

The question is Qatar Airways ordered, so I chose 83 planes because are 80 planes of a model and 3 of another (that's what I thought) but I got that answer wrong because the page display me the answer was 3 planes.

I'm confused because of I don't know whether either the web page result is wrong or not

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
I was doing [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] a reading comprenhension quiz. [STRIKE]u[/STRIKE] Unfortunate[STRIKE]l[/STRIKE]ly, the web page doesn't allow me to paste the link here, and [STRIKE]arose a question after I read [/STRIKE]this question appeared/was asked:
Airbus orders unveiled on Monday included Qatar Airways confirming a $16bn order for 80 A350 Airbus planes and ordering three A380 super-jumbos for about $750m.

The question is "Qatar Airways ordered ...", so I chose '83 planes' because there are 80 planes of [STRIKE]a[/STRIKE] one model and 3 of another (that's what I thought), but I got that answer wrong because the page [STRIKE]display[/STRIKE] told me the answer was '3 planes'.

I'm confused because [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] I don't know whether [STRIKE]either[/STRIKE] the web page result is wrong or not
Qatar Airwats ordered only three planes. They confirmed an order for 80. Personally, I don't like the question. If they confirmed an order for the 80, then I think it is not unreasonable to say that they ordered 83, if the initial order needed confirmation.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
I was doing the reading comprenhension quiz, unfortunatelly the web page doesn't allow me to paste the link here

You can't post links until you have posted ten times- it's a security feature to make things harder for spammers.

asantamariat

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Panama
Current Location
Panama
Thanks for your answers :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.