Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Mexico
Current Location
Germany
Hi, I will truly appreciate if somebody can correct my cover letter. Thanks in advance ;-)

I appreciate the opportunity to provide further background information in support of my application for entrance to the Business Management program at the University of Lodz.

Business activities have been one of my personal interests since my teenage years. At the age of 16, I started a small business, which consists of supply and exchange of goods among businesses. With this experience I acquired self-knowledge, assertiveness and business mentality. Practically, I comprehended the importance of business ethics by getting involved in actual business environment. By doing so, I was able to create reachable goals and make great efforts to accomplish highest level of achievements.

My first professional business experience started in 2003, when my husband opened an aviation charter company in the city of Merida, Mexico, which I joined as human resources director. It was a golden opportunity for me to get administrative skills and better understanding of interpersonal relations. Since then I have been involved in different field of business management related to aviation. This allowed me to sharp my leading and organizational skills. My husband and I started an aviation research and consulting company in Croatia in 2009, and I am still involved in the management part of our company. Since the establishment of our Croatian company, I have been traveling to different countries throughout Europe and Americas more extensively. Doing so, has improved my business communication skills, as well as empathy towards other culture’s ways of doing business. Making communications more effective, I improved my language skill by learning German and combining it with English as my second and third languages.

For developing my professional experiences, I attended The Ibero-American University campus Mexico City, majoring in International Business administration for a period of two years. Considering our company’s international clients an relations, I discovered that for finalizing my higher education goals, attending a university in a fast growing country like Poland, would provide me with a valuable experience that can be considered as a great asset to my business knowledge and future business plans.

The purpose of this letter is not only to give general information about my professional and academic background, but also is to bring your attention to my sincere motivation on continuing my studies in Business Management at the University of Lodz. I strongly believe that my work experience make me to be a skilful candidate for this particular degree.

I hope this letter will be given your full consideration and I will be happy to provide any further information or references upon your request.

White Hat

Banned
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
I appreciate the opportunity to provide additional information in support of my application for admission to the Business Management program at the University of Lodz.

Business activities have been one of my personal interests since my teenage years. At the age of 16, I started a small business revolving around supply and exchange of goods between businesses. With this experience, I acquired self-knowledge, assertiveness and a business mentality. Practically speaking, I managed to grasp the importance of business ethics by getting involved in an actual business environment. Thereby, I was able to set reachable goals and later accomplish the highest levels of achievement through diligence and hard work.

My first professional business experience occurred in 2003 when my husband opened an aviation charter company in the city of Merida, Mexico, which I joined as a human resources director. It was a golden opportunity for me to get administrative skills and a better understanding of interpersonal relations. Since then I have been involved in a different field of business management related to aviation. This allowed me to sharpen my leading and organizational (organizing) skills.
In 2009 my husband and I started an aviation research and consulting company in Croatia, and I am still involved with the management side of our company. Since the establishment of our Croatian company, I have been traveling to different countries throughout Europe and Americas more extensively. This helped improve my business communication skills, as well as empathy for other cultures and their ways of doing business. In an effort to make my communication skills more effective, I improved my language skills by learning German to combine it with English as my second and third languages.

To (further) develop my professional experience, I resided on the Ibero-American University campus in Mexico City, majoring in International Business Administration for a period of two years. With our company’s international client relations in mind, I realized that to finalize my higher education goals going to university in a fast growing economy like Poland would give me [STRIKE]with[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]a[/STRIKE] valuable experience that could be considered [STRIKE]as[/STRIKE] a great asset in terms of my business knowledge and future business plans.

The purpose of this letter is not only to furnish general information about my professional and academic background, but also [STRIKE]is[/STRIKE] to bring your attention to my sincere motivation to continue my studies in Business Management at the University of Lodz. I [STRIKE]strongly[/STRIKE] believe that my work experience has made me a worthy candidate for this particular degree.

I hope this letter will be given your full consideration [STRIKE]and [/STRIKE]. I will be happy to provide any further information or references upon your request.

hth

Tanialy

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Mexico
Current Location
Germany
Dear Bennevis, thank you soo much for taking your time in correcting my cover letter. For me is a great gift before new year. I wish you the best in this coming year. Thanks at gaing.. =)

White Hat

Banned
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
You are welcome, Tanialy. The only part I'd still do some work on is this one here:

This helped improve my business communication skills, as well as empathy for other cultures and their ways of doing business.

Perhaps, we could say:

This helped improve my business communication skills, as well as develop empathy for other cultures and their ways of doing business.

Plus, I believe we'll need "the" before "Americas".

On balance, one final once-over by a native speaker wouldn't hurt, I guess.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.