Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Ireland
Current Location
UK
Hi all,

This is my first post here. I have a question about a Game which I can't remember the name but I know the rules and how to play.

There is a game named "Hot chair" : We put a student in a chair in front of other classmate in the classroom and students start to ask whatever question from a person who sat on that chair.

OK. My question is not about this game. My question about a game which is similar to this one but it's opposite. "We put someone, I mean a student in a chair in front of others and he/she start to ask whatever s/he wants from other students."

The name is not so important.

I am wondering about the name of this game. Which I want to search the name of the game in Google and be prepared for the game. Also I want to know what kind of question I should ask other students. My teacher said you can ask whatever you want and other students MUST answer. All students in the class are around 15 year old to 18.

Please someone help me and tell me what sort of questions I should ask to be funny and not so boring. Or give me the name of the game which I can Google it for further information and questions.

Thanks in advance.

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
Hi all,

This is my first post here. I have a question about a Game which I can't remember the name but I know the rules and how to play.

There is a game named "Hot chair" : We put a student in a chair in front of other classmate in the classroom and students start to ask whatever question from a person who sat on that chair.

OK. My question is not about this game. My question about a game which is similar to this one but it's opposite. "We put someone, I mean a student in a chair in front of others and he/she start to ask whatever s/he wants from other students."

The name is not so important.

I am wondering about the name of this game. Which I want to search the name of the game in Google and be prepared for the game. Also I want to know what kind of question I should ask other students. My teacher said you can ask whatever you want and other students MUST answer. All students in the class are around 15 year old to 18.

Please someone help me and tell me what sort of questions I should ask to be funny and not so boring. Or give me the name of the game which I can Google it for further information and questions.

Thanks in advance.
Please give your correct location and native language.

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I'm afraid I don't know this game.

We have a game called "truth or dare" but that's not really what you're talking about. (The person can choose a "dare" instead of having to answer a question truthfully. Usually it's silly things.)

You never have to be ashamed of your country.

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia

Thanks in advance.
I assume this is an English class, and the purpose of the game is to get non-native students to answer in English. As such, it's not really a game. You could call it "Questions and Answers" if it had to have a name.
If that is the point of the game, just ask simple questions which interest you, and which you think the other students should be able to answer.
"When was President Obama elected? What is the Equator? How do you play a guitar?"
Since you say you don't want to be boring, avoid questions like "What is your favourite colour? What did you do last weekend?, etc."
You don't have to be funny. Unless you're a natural comedian, that could backfire on you.

Status
Not open for further replies.