• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Polish
      • Home Country:
      • Poland
      • Current Location:
      • Iceland

Well, that's me again... :-/

So, here I'm back with another one (I wonder how long you can bear it, but you know, your help means a lot to me really and I think I'm lost without you...)

This time there is an account given about this apparition scared pedagogue encountered close to the stream bridge at night, and which "made no offer of molestation or sociability, but kept aloof on one side of the road, jogging along on the blind side of old Gunpowder (which is the teacher's horse), who had now got over his fright and waywardness."

Now, what would that "blind side" of... whatever it would be, be...? I again tried some dictionaries and even "google-search" but non of the outcome did really seem to match this context. For any suggestions thanks in advance.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Czech Republic

Re: Well, that's me again... :-/

If the horse is blind in one eye, the answer is clear: blind side - definition of blind side - synonyms, pronunciation, spelling from Free Dictionary

If not - blind side noun - definition in British English Dictionary & Thesaurus - Cambridge Dictionary Online

Please give your threads more helpful titles; 'Blind side?' would have been perfect for this.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Polish
      • Home Country:
      • Poland
      • Current Location:
      • Iceland

Re: Well, that's me again... :-/

Oh, gosh! Now that was reallystupid of me! I just forgot that this wretched creature, I mean this horse of course, was simply blind on one eye... This was really pathetic. I'm sorry for that.

P.S.
    Could you just remove this post not to embarrass me even more, please...