English Teacher
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
Hi Teachers
Could you help me with this name for a title?
Which one is possible? Are both of them possible?
a) Thinking English Method.
b) Method Thinking English.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I don't like either.

Do you mean something like " How to Learn to Think in English?"

learning54

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
I don't like either.

Do you mean something like " How to Learn to Think in English?"
Thank you for your reply.
Well, somehow yes. The thing is that the company's name is Thinking English and after that, the name of a region and a number. Obviously I want to change the name after 'Thinking English'; but 'Thinking English' has to remain. Since the company has its own method, I thought I could use that word.

L54

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
If the company name is "Thinking Enlish" then use it's name attributively: The Thinking English Method.

learning54

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
If the company name is "Thinking Enlish" then use it's name attributively: The Thinking English Method.
Hi,
Thank you so much for your reply.

Best,
L54

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I would love to tell you that I made a deliberate mistake in my post as a test to see if you could spot it, but the fact is, I used "it's" instead of "its" accidentally.

learning54

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
I would love to tell you that I made a deliberate mistake in my post as a test to see if you could spot it, but the fact is, I used "it's" instead of "its" accidentally.
Hi,
I should tell you that I saw it and it wasn't the only one. You also wrote, "Thinking Enlish' without the 'g'.
I didn't mentioned it, because I was ashamed to tell you. Believe it or not. But from now on I'll do it since you did it deliberately. Don'be be too hard on me though. I'm sure you will score more than a goal to me. I'm no even sure if it is 'to me'.

Best,
L54

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
No, that's the thIng. I didn't do it on purpose. Unfortunately when I type on my phone it "corrects" some things automatically, but not others.

learning54

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
No, that's the thIng. I didn't do it on purpose. Unfortunately when I type on my phone it "corrects" some things automatically, but not others.

Hi,
All right. Then you should look for the aplication on correction while you write and change the posibilty to correct things automatically. There has to be one in Adjustments or Tools.

Hope it helps you;-)
L54

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
It's not that smart. If you typed "its" last time and accepted the suggestion to change to "it's" then the next time, it will do it. If you reject it, then the next time, when you DO want "it's" you'll have to do it by hand. I have bigger fingers than the keys, so some of the typos are a bit odd. I've told my kids "live you" instead of "love you" in so many texts they're used to it now, but when it gives me "thong" instead of "thing" I have to hope my recipient doesn't think about undergarments. Oh well.

learning54

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
It's not that smart. If you typed "its" last time and accepted the suggestion to change to "it's" then the next time, it will do it. If you reject it, then the next time, when you DO want "it's" you'll have to do it by hand. I have bigger fingers than the keys, so some of the typos are a bit odd. I've told my kids "live you" instead of "love you" in so many texts they're used to it now, but when it gives me "thong" instead of "thing" I have to hope my recipient doesn't think about undergarments. Oh well.
Hi,
Good to know it for future answers of yours:).
Anyhow, please still do answer any time you can to whoever you wish.;-)

Best,
L54

Status
Not open for further replies.