Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
It is an essay about what I have done in the class sanitation committee. I need to submit the essay as soon as possible. But now I can find no one help me edit it. So please help.Thank you!:)

When I was first made the head of my class sanitation committee, the sanitation situation was very poor. This would definitely exert detrimental influence upon my classmates’ study efficiency, of which, however, many of them were still unaware. I resolved to make a change. So for two whole weeks I talked to many classmates about the sanitation and collected their opinions and advice. Then I worked with other members in the committee to devise(or invent ?) an award system. And in the next several class meetings I stated the importance of a clean classroom again and again to the whole class. After that, my classmates began to pay more attention to the classroom sanitation, and through our concerted effort, at the end of the semester, our class became the top class in the campus sanitation evaluation! Later I received many thank-you notes from my classmates, which really moved me, for I thought I was just fufiling my duty. With their recognition and surport, I become more motivated to dedicate myself to others’ well-being now.

roseji3991

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
urgent:request for help in editing my short essay

It is an essay about what I have done in the class sanitation committee. I need to submit the essay as soon as possible. But now I can find no one help me edit it. So please help.Thank you!:)

When I was first made the head of my class sanitation committee, the sanitation situation was very poor. This would definitely exert detrimental influence upon my classmates’ study efficiency, of which, however, many of them were still unaware. I resolved to make a change. So for two whole weeks I talked to many classmates about the sanitation and collected their opinions and advice. Then I worked with other members in the committee to devise(or invent ?) an award system. And in the next several class meetings I stated the importance of a clean classroom again and again to the whole class. After that, my classmates began to pay more attention to the classroom sanitation, and through our concerted effort, at the end of the semester, our class became the top class in the campus sanitation evaluation! Later I received many thank-you notes from my classmates, which really moved me, for I thought I was just fufiling my duty. With their recognition and surport, I become more motivated to dedicate myself to others’ well-being now.

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Re: urgent:request for help in editing my short essay

Then do so. Submit it, and let your teacher mark it. That is what most students who have to write essays for class do.

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
See my response in your duplicate thread.

tedtmc

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
not a teacher

When I was first made(appointed) the head of my class sanitation committee, the sanitation situation was very poor. This would definitely have a [STRIKE]exert[/STRIKE] detrimental [STRIKE]influence upon[/STRIKE] effect on my classmates’ study efficiency, [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] which, [STRIKE]however,[/STRIKE] many of them were still unaware. I resolved to make a change. So for two whole weeks, I talked to many classmates about [STRIKE]the [/STRIKE]sanitation and [STRIKE]collected[/STRIKE] gathered their opinions and advice. Then I worked with other members in the committee to devise[STRIKE](or invent ?)[/STRIKE] an award system. [STRIKE]And[/STRIKE] In the [STRIKE]next [/STRIKE]several class meetings that followed, I [STRIKE]stated [/STRIKE] emphasized the importance of a clean classroom environment again and again to the whole class. [STRIKE]After that[/STRIKE] Thus, my classmates began to pay more attention to the classroom sanitation, [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] Through our concerted effort, at the end of the semester, our class became the top class in the campus sanitation evaluation! Later, I received many thank-you notes from my classmates, which really moved me, for I thought I was just fufilling my duty. With their recognition and surport, I become more motivated to dedicate myself to improving others’ well-being [STRIKE]now[/STRIKE].

I am not sure whether 'sanitation' is the best word to use in the context of a classroom as I thought it is to with public health. 'Hygiene' or 'cleanliness' may be more appropriate.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
@tedtmc

It is forum policy not to assist with homework, which is why Raymott responded as he did. Please bear this in mind in future.

tedtmc

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
@tedtmc

It is forum policy not to assist with homework, which is why Raymott responded as he did. Please bear this in mind in future.

5jj
My post was done and submitted before I saw Raymott's post.

I agree that school work shouldn't be posted for editing here.

Status
Not open for further replies.