• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Spanish
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

• Post Thanks / Like

Loonking for English courses in London (focused on pronunciation and heardind)

Hi there,
    I am moving to London next month, I am learning english since I was 10 years old, but my problem is that, here in Spain english courses most of the time are focused on reading and writing, so there is a big gap between my reading/writing skills and my
    pronunciation and herading skills, so I am looking for some English course in London focused on pronunciation and on hearding.

I have seen that Callan method, it's nice, but I dont like the idea of spending the whole hour just repeating a phrase that a teacher says. I want a course in which I have to think a little bit more, for example, teacher says a phrase, and you have
    to say it in an interreogative form, past , present , conditional, or you have to ask that question to some other person.
    So I think I am looking for an English course that is a mix of Callan and classic methods.
    It will be a good idea if the teachers know spanish, because they can contrast and highlightme the differences between both languages (english and spanish)
    Where can I find schools or places in wich
    I can learn with that mix I mean? (not very expensives :) )

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: Loonking for English courses in London (focused on pronunciation and heardind)

Quote Originally Posted by budrul View Post
    Hi there,

I am moving to London next month. I am have been learning English since I was 10 years old. but My problem is that, here in Spain, English courses most of the time are normally focused on reading and writing, so there is a big gap between my reading/writing skills and my
    pronunciation and herading listening skills. So, I am looking for some an English course in London focused on pronunciation and on hearding listening.

I have seen that the Callan method. It's nice, but I dont like the idea of spending the whole hour just repeating a phrase that a teacher says. I want a course in which I have to think a little bit more, for example, the teacher says a phrase, and you have to say it in an interreogative form, past, present, conditional, or you have to ask that question to some other another person.
    So I think I am looking for an English course that is a mix of Callan and classic methods.
    It will be a good idea if the teachers know Spanish, because they can contrast and highlight for me the differences between both languages (English and Spanish).
    Where can I find schools or places in which I can learn with using that mixture I mean, but not very too expensives? :) )
    Hello and welcome to the forum. I will leave the question of what may or may not be a good course in London to others, as I don't live there. However, I have made some corrections to your post. The corrections include some things that it is important for you to note and to practice before you get here.

- Remember to capitalise the names of languages at all times (English, Spanish etc)
    - Don't put a space before a comma
    - Throughout your post, I have changed "hearding", "herading" to "listening". I assume that you meant to type "hearing" (from the verb "to hear") but that's not the appropriate verb. With language, we talk about "listening skills".

I hope you have a great time in London!

3. Newbie
    Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Spanish
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: Loonking for English courses in London (focused on pronunciation and heardind)

Thanks for your corrections ( or fixes? :) )