Loonking for English courses in London (focused on pronunciation and heardind)

Status
Not open for further replies.

budrul

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hi there,
I am moving to London next month, I am learning english since I was 10 years old, but my problem is that, here in Spain english courses most of the time are focused on reading and writing, so there is a big gap between my reading/writing skills and my
pronunciation and herading skills, so I am looking for some English course in London focused on pronunciation and on hearding.

I have seen that Callan method, it's nice, but I dont like the idea of spending the whole hour just repeating a phrase that a teacher says. I want a course in which I have to think a little bit more, for example, teacher says a phrase, and you have
to say it in an interreogative form, past , present , conditional, or you have to ask that question to some other person.
So I think I am looking for an English course that is a mix of Callan and classic methods.
It will be a good idea if the teachers know spanish, because they can contrast and highlightme the differences between both languages (english and spanish)
Where can I find schools or places in wich
I can learn with that mix I mean? (not very expensives :) )

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hi there,

I am moving to London next month. I [STRIKE]am[/STRIKE] have been learning English since I was 10 years old. [STRIKE]but [/STRIKE] My problem is that, here in Spain, English courses [STRIKE]most of the time[/STRIKE] are normally focused on reading and writing, so there is a big gap between my reading/writing skills and my
pronunciation and [STRIKE]herading[/STRIKE] listening skills. So, I am looking for [STRIKE]some[/STRIKE] an English course in London focused on pronunciation and on [STRIKE]hearding[/STRIKE] listening.

I have seen [STRIKE]that[/STRIKE] the Callan method. It's nice, but I dont like the idea of spending the whole hour just repeating a phrase that a teacher says. I want a course in which I have to think a little bit more, for example, the teacher says a phrase, and you have to say it in an interreogative form, past, present, conditional, or you have to ask that question to [STRIKE]some other[/STRIKE] another person.
So I think I am looking for an English course that is a mix of Callan and classic methods.
It will be a good idea if the teachers [STRIKE]know[/STRIKE] Spanish, because they can contrast and highlight for me the differences between both languages (English and Spanish).
Where can I find schools or places in which I can learn [STRIKE]with[/STRIKE] using that mixture [STRIKE]I mean[/STRIKE], but not [STRIKE]very[/STRIKE] too expensives? :) )

Hello and welcome to the forum. I will leave the question of what may or may not be a good course in London to others, as I don't live there. However, I have made some corrections to your post. The corrections include some things that it is important for you to note and to practice before you get here.

- Remember to capitalise the names of languages at all times (English, Spanish etc)
- Don't put a space before a comma
- Throughout your post, I have changed "hearding", "herading" to "listening". I assume that you meant to type "hearing" (from the verb "to hear") but that's not the appropriate verb. With language, we talk about "listening skills".

I hope you have a great time in London!

budrul

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Thanks for your corrections ( or fixes? :) )

Status
Not open for further replies.