Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Greetings Everyone :)

My name is Sam. I am new to this ESL forums. These days I am working for a company where I have look after customer queries via Chat Support.

------------------

Question 1. When customer says do u need more information with that?

Could I reply with the below statement?

Ans: Thank you Smith, you've already provided us with sufficient information!

Question 2. When a customer says like, I am unable to use my credit card, getting someone error message and I also forgot the internet banking password.

Ans: Ok, don't worry, Mr Smith.
You have come at the right place. I will definitely help you in resolving this issue.

Question 3. When I agian place customer on hold, can I say like:
Smith, please be on hold, I need little more time to resolve this.

---------------------------------

I thank you guys in advance for any help you provide :)

Regards,
SAM

tedtmc

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
not a teacher

Greetings Everyone :)

My name is Sam. I am new to this ESL forums. These days I am working for a company where I have look after customer queries via Chat Support.

------------------
Question 1. When customer says do u need more information with that?

Ans: Thank you Smith, you've already provided us with sufficient information!

Fine.

Question 2. When a customer says like, I am unable to use my credit card, getting someone error message and I also forgot the internet banking password.

Ans: Ok, don't worry, Mr Smith.
You have come [STRIKE]at [/STRIKE] to the right place. I will definitely help you [STRIKE]in resolving this issue[/STRIKE] with your transaction.

Question 3. When I agian place customer on hold, can I say like:
Smith, [STRIKE]please be on hold, I need little more time to resolve this[/STRIKE].

Thank you for waiting. I will be with you shortly as I am still engaged.

---------------------------------

I thank you guys in advance for any help you provide :)

Regards,
SAM

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Welcome to the forum, Sam.
I am new to this ESL forum[STRIKE]s[/STRIKE]. These days I am working for a company where I have to look after customer queries via Chat Support.

Question 1. When a customer says,
[STRIKE]d[/STRIKE]Do you need more information (with that)?...Could I reply with the below statement?

Ans: Thank you, Mr Smith,; you've already provided us with sufficient information
[STRIKE]![/STRIKE].

Question 2. When a customer says
[STRIKE]like[/STRIKE], "I am unable to use my credit card,; I keep getting [STRIKE]someone[/STRIKE] an error message, and I [STRIKE]also[/STRIKE] have forgotten my (the internet banking) password.

Ans: Ok, don't worry, Mr Smith. You have come
[STRIKE]at[/STRIKE] to the right place. I will definitely help you [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] resolv[STRIKE]ing[/STRIKE]e this issue.

Question 3. When I ag
[STRIKE]ia[/STRIKE]ain place the customer on hold, can I say [STRIKE]like[/STRIKE]: [STRIKE]Smith, please be on hold, I need little more time to resolve this[/STRIKE]. If you could just wait for a moment or two, Mr Smith, I will try to find the answer for you.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Most companies with a Customer Sevices call centre seem to provide the staff with a script from which they are rarely allowed to deviate, which can be infuriating for the customer. If you are lucky enough to have some leeway and autonomy with what you can say, then I have a couple of suggestions:

- Repeating the customer's name can become very annoying instead of its intended purpose of sounding engaged and respectful. Don't use it every time you speak.

- Only say things like "I will definitely get that sorted out for you" if you know you can do so. If not, say "I will do everything I can ..." or "I will try to sort that out..."

Sam Sharma

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Wonderful Response 5jj :D I appreciate that!

Greetings 5jj,

I thank you so much for welcoming me here :) I really appreciate your valuable response. This really helps in improving my written skills. I look forward to get more help from you.

Many thanks,
SAM

Sam Sharma

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Emsr2d2, I absolutely like your advice :)

Most companies with a Customer Sevices call centre seem to provide the staff with a script from which they are rarely allowed to deviate, which can be infuriating for the customer. If you are lucky enough to have some leeway and autonomy with what you can say, then I have a couple of suggestions:

- Repeating the customer's name can become very annoying instead of its intended purpose of sounding engaged and respectful. Don't use it every time you speak.

- Only say things like "I will definitely get that sorted out for you" if you know you can do so. If not, say "I will do everything I can ..." or "I will try to sort that out..."

Firstly, I thank you for replying and helping me! You are certainly right, in our company as well, they have provided us with a script. And I really hate copy pasting that. I want to sound a real & genuine customer care representative. When I use that given script, I feel like working as a robot :D

I know my written skills are not that good, however, I'm trying my best to improve. And I definitely gonna improve with the help of wonderful guys like you :)

Many thanks,
SAM

Sam Sharma

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
One more question guys.

I have one more question to ask. Sometimes while chatting, customer keep on saying about his issue. At that moment, can I use sentences like "I hear you" "I see what you mean" "tell me more" "OKay" "Hmm......I got it right".

I just want the customer to know that I'm listening to him. If I don't use these sentences during the conversation, then, customer might feel that I am ignoring him.

Regards,
SAM

Status
Not open for further replies.