Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
These are my two short paragraphs describing two pictures, could anyone check for me and comment to make them better.
39f0f338b3b2fa3f5e495e8fbdb78330_39772200.1.png

There is a family with a mother, father, boy and girl. The father's name is Howard and the mother's name is Jane. They're smiling. They are standing in the yard.
7888ede89c2f9efa5525a8e1eb61208b_39772205.2.png

The meal on the table is a main course. It is made up of meat, fried potatoes, and herbs. The meat may be beef or lamb. A fork is on the plate, and there are also flowers on the table.
Thanks in advance!

susiedq

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
You have written descriptive sentences about the pictures but not necessarily a paragraph about what you see and feel.

Can you write more?

Can you write an introductory statement?

Can you write a closing or summary statement at the end of the paragraph?

Last edited:

khanhhung2512

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
You have written descriptive sentences about the pictures but not necessarily a paragraph about what you see and feel.

Can you write more?

Can you write an introductory statement?

Can you write a closing or summary statement at the end of the paragraph?

Thank you very much, but I just started learning to write, and the requirement is just to write paragraphs around 30 to 40 words.
Are my paragraphs OK? Or do I have to change anything?
Thanks again!

tedtmc

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
You could make your description more interesting than just being factual and tell only what you see.

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
I, on the other hand, cannot fault them as descriptive exercises. Your punctuation is perfect; your grammar is perfect. Just keep working through the exercises.
You've made an assumption about the relationships between the four people in the picture though, which cannot be based purely on observation of the picture. But this is better than 90% of beginners would manage for this sort of exercise.

There is a small error in your question though - the comma splice.
"These are my two short paragraphs describing two pictures. Could anyone check for me and comment to make them better?"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.