Student or Learner
1) How do you pronounce "catches"? Please use phonetic symbols.
2) I go to church. "The" can't be used. I am outside the church. OR I am outside church?
3) He nearly died. Means He didn't die but was going to, right?
4) He is noted for lying. Correct?
5) He is noted as a liar. Correct?
6) My parents rebuked me for breaking the window. Correct?
Many thanks in advance.
2. Yes. You can say "I'm outside the church".
If it is used for its primary purpose no article is needed before church/hospital/school .
If not, the is required.
3. He didn't die.
5. Yes. (noted for/noted as sth - both are acceptable)