Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
France
Hi all,

I am looking for a PhD position in biology. As normal, I have to write a cover letter.
My English is not very well. So, please help me to correct my letter.

Thank you in advance, you guys.
Trang
-----------
Dear Dr. ,

Having obtained the diploma of MSc. in “ Pharmacology, Physiology and Neurobiology ”, I am looking for a PhD program as a novel challenge in my career.

Research area that fascinates me is cell biology; therefore, I find that your research is of great interest. With the microtubule skeleton as a central object, specifically tubulin polymodulations, your group develops the projets in all the concerning aspects such as identify enzymes which are involved in the catalysis of tubulin polyglutamylation and polyglycylation; characterise roles of tubulin polymodifications in cell functions and in different diseases. Through the website and the publications of your group, I could appreciate the variety of approaches developped in your studies. By coordinating performant techniques in cellular, molecular biology and biochemistry, your group demonstrated interesting results, for example, the enzymatic mechanism of the familly of cytolosic carboxypeptidases and their role in neurodegeneration.

My research interest has fostered during my gradute training. My varied internships have expanded my knowledge of cell biology, cancer and neuroscience and enriched my skill sets in cellular biology, cell imaging and biochemistry. These experiences have also helped me to develop the ability to analyse and synthesize data.

My special interest is cancer research which I studied intensively for the master thesis entitled “the importance of extracellular matrix in the migration of cells from head and neck squamous cell carcinoma ”. As a result, I am very interested in your projet which studies the role of tubulin polymodifications in cancer. I look forward to do my PhD thesis in this subjet. I would enjoy discussing this PhD projet with you.

I am enclosing my Curriculum Vitae. If you require any additional materials of information, I am happy to supply it.

I look forward to hearing from you soon. Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,

konungursvia

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
It's too short. You need two pages of detailed information: what you did in your MSc, and a passage to show them you know exactly who their professors are in that precise area, and even what they are working on now.

trangchanh

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
France
thanks for your advices !

Status
Not open for further replies.