• Thread starter neugenery
  • Start date
  • Views : 5,596
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

neugenery

Hello,

Is there possible to look up a word when we just have concept about? e.g. I'd like to know what describe the following definition:

'a very large number of things, probably more than is necessary' just as an example, that's not the point here.

I find it just once solitary perhaps solution, which I'll describe it in the blog Neugenery.

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Re: Neugenery

Hello,

Is there possible to look up a word when we just have concept about? e.g. I'd like to know what describe the following definition:

'a very large number of things, probably more than is necessary' just as an example, that's not the point here.

I find it just once solitary perhaps solution, which I'll describe it in the blog Neugenery.

Hello and welcome to the forums.

I have found that you can sometimes find a word by Googling the definition along with "a word which means" but it happens only occasionally. The only online reverse dictionary I can find is: OneLook Reverse Dictionary

Please give your threads titles which refer to the actual post somehow. "Finding a word by its definition" would have been good.

N

neugenery

Sorry for the title, looking up in the OneLook ends up like the following, would one potentially find at first glance? beside they are from variety word family!

1. alot
2. studying in vienna
3. several
4. double
5. obese
6. million
7. great
8. huge
91. ton
92. hyperreal number
93. accident-prone
94. regular issue coinage
95. point
96. dimension
97. difference
98. swordfish
99. monitor
100. bundle

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Sorry for the title, looking up in the OneLook ends up like the following, would one potentially find at first glance? beside they are from variety word family!

1. alot [...]
100. bundle
Sorry, but I just do not understand this.

Status
Not open for further replies.