• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Russian Federation
      • Current Location:
      • United Arab Emirates

Thumbs up Informal Letter.. Plz Correct

Yo what up every1.. my name is Z..well thts what im called. anyways im new to the site & im here to get help for ESL IGCSE so i hope i do..anyways i wanted 2 ask if any expert or teacher or some1 quite brainy to correct this informal letter for me if they want to. here it is

Dear Myers,
    I am sorry we haven’t talked for a long time but the reason behind that is that i have been quite busy. I have moved to Dubai, one of the most noisy and busiest cities on earth. I had no time to check my email during the move but now it is finally over.

You won’t believe how the situation is in Dubai, especially in summer. The malls, parks, beaches, cinemas & carnivals have been packed with people, especially youths & I still did not find a job because of the population here. I do not even like the place I chose to settle in. It is quite unhygienic & located in the city streets. Even the people are ill mannered. I rather visit Sharjah for it has a peaceful environment, quiet parks, boating & most importantly space! Yes Dubai has the world's tallest building, one of the greatest hotels & one of the largest malls but still. If the place is crowded you will not even get to find a seat in the movies or a café easily. You also hear loud noises twenty four seven. Question is should I return home or at least move to Sharjah or Abu Dhabi? I need your advice.

That is all for now. Anyways say hi to Maria & the rest for me & take care. I hope we can chat again or at least send letters. I’m looking forward for your reply & if you reply tell me about the changes back in home. Peace out

Your old friend
    Z

plz correct quick if u decided to help cuz my exams 2morro & i nd to chk my skills. peace out.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia

Re: Informal Letter.. Plz Correct

Quote Originally Posted by ,,Z,, View Post
    Yo what up every1.. my name is Z..well thts what im called. anyways im new to the site & im here to get help for ESL IGCSE so i hope i do..anyways i wanted 2 ask if any expert or teacher or some1 quite brainy to correct this informal letter for me if they want to. here it is

Dear Myers,

Your old friend
    Z

plz correct quick if u decided to help cuz my exams 2morro & i nd to chk my skills. peace out.
    I don't understand. If you address us with drivel, why does it matter so much if your letter to your old friend is correct?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Yo Hello, what's up every1.. everyone? My name is Zwell, that's what I'm called. Anyways I'm new to the site and I'm here to get help for ESL IGCSE, so I hope I do. Anyways, I wanted to ask if any expert or teacher or [STRIKE]some1[/STRIKE]someone quite brainy to would correct this informal letter for me, if they want to. Here it is:
    [not a teacher]

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia

Quote Originally Posted by BobSmith View Post
    [not a teacher]
    Wow, you understood that? Then, by all means, correct the dude's epistolary attempt.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Hello Z, and welcome to Using English.

As you have seen, the people who volunteer their time here (including me) feel very strongly that you should put the same amount of effort into writing correct English when you interact with the people in the forums as you do with the writing you are asking us to look at.

Many of us feel that writing something like "plz correct quick if u decided to help cuz my exams 2morro & i nd to chk my skills. peace out. " is at least lazy and at worst completely disrepectful to the people dedicated to helping others learn standard English.

I suspect if you rewrite your introduction to us and your closing in standard English, someone will be happy to review the actual content of your post. I hope your letter is fictional and you're really so unhappy in your new home. I don't like crowds either.
    I'm not a teacher, but I write for a living. Please don't ask me about 2nd conditionals, but I'm a safe bet for what reads well in (American) English.

5. Newbie
    Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Russian Federation
      • Current Location:
      • United Arab Emirates

Im Very Sorry If I've Been Disrespectful Or Offending For Im Not Trying To.. But U See Im Under Pressure Because Of IGCSE Exams, Im Still New To The Site & I Am Not Really Good In English That Is The Reason I Took English As 2nd Language Not First. I Was Even Trying To Be Friendly Hence The . But I Really Need Help. Is It Okay If Any 1 Can Correct My Letter.

Plus..Bob Smith..Thats Not What I Wanted You To Correct

& Raymott I Got That Kind Of Language From Frenz & It Isnt Suppose To Be Offending.
    Last edited by ,,Z,,; 18-Jan-2012 at 19:08.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Ireland

Im Very Sorry If I've Been Disrespectful Or Offending For Im Not Trying To.. But U See Im Under Pressure Because Of IGCSE Exams, Im Still New To The Site & I Am Not Really Good In English That Is The Reason I Took English As 2nd Language Not First. I Was Even Trying To Be Friendly Hence The . But I Really Need Help. Is It Okay If Any 1 Can Correct My Letter.

& Bob Smith..Thats Not What I Wanted You To Correct
    I think it would be a good idea to tell us your true native language. The text of yours that BobSmith corrected needed to be corrected. A "thank you" might be in order.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Dear Myers,

I am sorry we haven’t talked for a long time but the reason behind that is that i have been quite busy. I have moved to Dubai, one of the most noisy and busiest cities on earth. I had no time to check my email during the move but now it is finally over.

You won’t believe how the situation is in Dubai, especially in summer. The malls, parks, beaches, cinemas & carnivals have been packed with people, especially youths & I still did not find a job because of the population here. I do not even like the place I chose to settle in. It is quite unhygienic & located in the city streets. Even the people are ill mannered. I rather visit Sharjah for it has a peaceful environment, quiet parks, boating & most importantly space! Yes Dubai has the world's tallest building, one of the greatest hotels & one of the largest malls but still. If the place is crowded you will not even get to find a seat in the movies or a café easily. You also hear loud noises twenty four seven. Question is should I return home or at least move to Sharjah or Abu Dhabi? I need your advice.

That is all for now. Anyways say hi to Maria & the rest for me & take care. I hope we can chat again or at least send letters. I’m looking forward for your reply & if you reply tell me about the changes back in home. Peace out

Your old friend
    Z

Relook the things marked in red. I don't are much for ending with "peace out."
    Last edited by Barb_D; 19-Jan-2012 at 03:08.
    I'm not a teacher, but I write for a living. Please don't ask me about 2nd conditionals, but I'm a safe bet for what reads well in (American) English.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Plus..Bob Smith..That's not what I wanted you to correct.
    Yes, I know.

8. Newbie
    Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Russian Federation
      • Current Location:
      • United Arab Emirates

Quote Originally Posted by Barb_D View Post
    Relook the things marked in red. I don't are much for ending with "peace out."
    Thank U Very Much

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast