Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Bulgarian
Home Country
Sweden
Current Location
Sweden
Hello, I would like to have someone reviewing and if possible correcting /or coming with better language suggestions on My Statement of purpose bellow. I thought my English was good until I had to write this purpose of statement. isuddenly realized that it's not as good as I thought. :( Feel free to criticize and comment, pls!

"

Statement of Purpose

The movement towards a global economy and unprecedented explosion of free trade and exchange worldwide has profoundly affected the practices and policies of international taxation. To meet the needs of this globalization and to be able to succeed in this competitive labour market where knowledge of simply unilateral rules is inadequate is both challenging and stimulating. I intend to obtain as much as possible knowledge and understanding of this legal pluralism in tax law arising from the globalization. Thus, my goal is a career in the field of European and International Tax law wherein I could advance analytical approaches to tax efficient structuring and tax planning.
To achieve my career goals, I need to learn much more about the practical and theoretical aspects of taxation within the European Union and taxation in relation to cross-border transactions within and outside the Internal Market. A Master's Degree in European and International Taxation will provide me with theoretical understanding, an in depth idea of practical approaches in tax planning and cross border transactions and research skills to enable me to develop an expertise in the stated areas. Furthermore I have a particular interest in and I would like to probe specific problem areas such as Transfer Pricing in Direct and Indirect Taxation, including Mergers and Acquisitions.
Strong quantitative skills, familiarity with computer applications experience gained while working first as a law clerk and later as an officer presenting matters at the tax department at the Administrative Court in Stockholm have helped me to develop sharp analytical abilities and have given me the confidence to tackle advanced problems on a macro level and an ability to assess and deal with complex phenomena. In addition, the experienced gained while first studying abroad and later even working as an intern abroad (in the Netherlands and in Bulgaria, se my attached resume) have developed good interpersonal, communication and language skills. I look forward to applying these abilities to the immense opportunities available at Lund University.
I have selected the Master’s Programme of European and International Tax Law of Lund University because of the unique opportunity to be a part of an international environment, tutored by the outstanding professor Henkow, the emphasis on collaborative learning environment and of course the global perspective to various key issues in tax law. I hope to become a part of this dynamic culture which will give me a leading edge in my career pursuit.
Yours sincerely"

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Welcome to the forum, Nat84. :hi:

I have moved your question to a more appropriate forum. I hope that somebody will be along to help you soon.

Nat84

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Bulgarian
Home Country
Sweden
Current Location
Sweden
Thank you very much.
I really appreciate your help!

billmcd

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hello, I would like to have someone review[STRIKE]ing[/STRIKE] and if possible correct[STRIKE]ing[/STRIKE] /or [STRIKE]coming with [/STRIKE] recommend better language [STRIKE]suggestions [/STRIKE]on My Statement of purpose [STRIKE]bellow[/STRIKE] below. I thought my English was good until I had to write this purpose [STRIKE]of [/STRIKE]statement. I suddenly realized that it's not as good as I thought. :( Feel free to criticize and comment, pls!

"

Statement of Purpose

The movement towards a global economy and unprecedented explosion of free trade and exchange worldwide has profoundly affected the practices and policies of international taxation. To meet the needs of this globalization and to be able to succeed in this competitive labour market where knowledge of simply unilateral rules is inadequate is both challenging and stimulating. I intend to obtain, as much as possible, knowledge and understanding of this legal pluralism in tax law arising from the globalization. Thus, my goal is a career in the field of European and International Tax law wherein I could advance analytical approaches to tax efficient structuring and tax planning.
To achieve my career goals, I need to learn much more about the practical and theoretical aspects of taxation within the European Union and taxation in relation to cross-border transactions within and outside the Internal Market. A Master's Degree in European and International Taxation will provide me with theoretical understanding, an in depth idea of practical approaches in tax planning and cross border transactions and research skills to enable me to develop an expertise in the stated areas. Furthermore I have a particular interest in [STRIKE]and I would like to [/STRIKE] probing specific problem areas such as Transfer Pricing in Direct and Indirect Taxation, including Mergers and Acquisitions.
Strong quantitative skills, familiarity with computer applications and experience gained while working first as a law clerk and later as an officer presenting matters at the tax department at the Administrative Court in Stockholm have helped me to develop sharp analytical abilities. [STRIKE]and [/STRIKE] [STRIKE]have[/STRIKE] The experience has given me the confidence to tackle advanced problems on a macro level and an ability to assess and deal with complex phenomena. In addition, the experienced gained while first studying abroad and later [STRIKE]even[/STRIKE] working as an intern abroad (in the Netherlands and in Bulgaria, [STRIKE]se my attached resume)[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]have developed [/STRIKE] has provided me with interpersonal, communication and language skills. I look forward to applying these abilities to the immense opportunities available at Lund University.
I have selected the Master’s Programme of European and International Tax Law of Lund University because of the unique opportunity to be a part of an international environment, tutored by the outstanding professor Henkow, the emphasis on collaborative learning environment and, of course, the global perspective to various key issues in tax law. I hope to become a part of this dynamic culture which will give me a leading edge in my career pursuit.
Yours sincerely"

A few minor suggestions, but I would take a second look at several run-on sentences.

Status
Not open for further replies.