Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Saudi Arabia
Current Location
United States
May editting my essay :)
The</SPAN> story of Norma Rae is associated partly to Arabic society. In Arabic cultural always the society looks at the women as a weak creature, they do not have any ability to do it anything. Furthermore, the women do not able to live without men supporting. Furthermore, women could not become independent. I have my own experience. I am 33 years old, and I have a boy. I have got a chance to complete my studying in the united states. Sure when I got this chance, I can’t decide until I have authorization from my husband because in our cultural the woman can’t take any decision without permission from man. Then my husband agreed to come to US but without my son. he decided that because he believes that he is seeing true, and he knows what is good or bad for my son. If I have complete rights, I will take my decisions by myself without returning to man. Unfortunately, I live in society very similar to Norma Rae. When the women starting to think become independent all the society around to her look at her as odd thing. Furthermore, some men look at her as a tool of sex to Satisfy their desires. Another group of men looks at women as a mother and wife, they could not become superior in any things just raising the children. Is the nature of women underestimated them in the community?

februar

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
German
Home Country
Switzerland
Current Location
Switzerland
Could you edit my essay please?
The story of Norma Rae is associated partly with Arabic society. In Arabic culture the society always looks onto the women as a weak creature, they do not have the ability to do anything. Furthermore, the women are not able to live without men who are supporting them. Consequently, women cannot become independent. I have my own experience. I am 33 years old, and I am married. I have the chance to complete my studies in the United States. However, when I get such a chance, I cannot decide until I have authorization from my husband because in our culture a woman cannot take any decision without her husband’s permission. In my case, my husband agreed to go to the US but without my son. He decided that because he believes to know what is true, and he knows what is good or bad for my son. Actually, if I have complete rights, I will take my decisions by myself without asking my husband. Unfortunately, I live in a society very similar to Norma Rae. Whenever a woman is thinking about becoming independent, then the society around her is regarding her as an odd thing. Furthermore, some men look onto her as a tool of sex to satisfy their desires. Another group of men consider women as a mother and wife, so they cannot become a superior in any field just raising the children. Is the nature of women underestimated in the community?

Gretchenplay

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
New Zealand
Current Location
South Korea

Here's my try...

The
story of Norma Rae is associated partly with Arabic society. In Arabic culture, society [STRIKE]looks at the[/STRIKE] regards women as weak creatures, [STRIKE]they[/STRIKE] who do not have [STRIKE]any[/STRIKE] the ability to do [STRIKE]it[/STRIKE] anything. [STRIKE]Furthermore, the[/STRIKE] Women [STRIKE]do[/STRIKE] are not able to live without men supporting them, and [STRIKE]Furthermore, womencould[/STRIKE] can[STRIKE]not[/STRIKE] never be independent. I have [STRIKE]my own[/STRIKE] experienced this myself. I am 33 years old, and I have a [STRIKE]boy[/STRIKE] son. I [STRIKE]have got a chance[/STRIKE] was given the opportunity to complete my studies in the United States. [STRIKE]Sure [/STRIKE]When I got this chance, I [STRIKE]can’t[/STRIKE] couldn't[STRIKE]decide[/STRIKE] accept it until I [STRIKE]have[/STRIKE] had the authorization of my husband, because in our culture [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] a woman can’t [STRIKE]take[/STRIKE] make any decision without permission from a man. [STRIKE]Then[/STRIKE] My husband agreed to come to US, but without my son. He decided that because he believes that he is seeing true, and he knows what is good or bad for my son. If I [STRIKE]have[/STRIKE] had[STRIKE]complete[/STRIKE] any rights, I [STRIKE]will take[/STRIKE] would make my own decisions [STRIKE]by myself[/STRIKE] without [STRIKE]returning to[/STRIKE] consulting a man. Unfortunately, I live in a society very similar to Norma Rae's. When [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] a women starts to think [STRIKE]become[/STRIKE] about independence, [STRIKE]all the[/STRIKE] then society [STRIKE]around to her look at[/STRIKE] regards her as odd [STRIKE]thing[/STRIKE]. Furthermore, some men look at [STRIKE]her[/STRIKE] women as a tool [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] for sex, someone to satisfy their desires. Another group of men look at women as mothers and wives[STRIKE], they[/STRIKE] who[STRIKE]could[/STRIKE] can not become superior in anything [STRIKE]just[/STRIKE] other than raising [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] children. Is the nature of women underestimated by men in my community?

By the way Rania, this makes me pretty angry. I hope that things in your society change. Something that will take a lot of time. Good luck.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.