English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Dear Members,

I need your kind help in proof-reading of my small text abstracts. Thank you in advance!

1."xxx and xxx represent a generation thoroughly imbued with the pain of loss, hardened on the outside, but not inside. Their past is a series of tragedies, their heritage is a memory, from which they derive their strength and vital resistance. Their succinct and rough (what is a rough sentence?) sentences contain age-folk wisdom and simple rustic logic, which help the family[STRIKE] to [/STRIKE]survive in the country that is moving towards the bright communist future, where the goods will be in abundance and [STRIKE]no more need of money[/STRIKE] money won't be necessary. "

2. Since that time she has been consumed by the need to write and has become fulfilled [STRIKE] herself [/STRIKE]as a gifted writer, having made her debut with the novel "xxx xxx" in the “Star” magazine in xxxx. xxx's works have earned attention and won critical acclaim due to the emotional frankness of her works, which refer to sorrowful pages of Russian history from a perspective of an ordinary man, carrying the burden of [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] hard times. A native of St.Petersburg, xxxx always makes the city provide the settings for her novels and projects family experience onto characters. Thus, the novel, xxxx "xxx" is not (Does the title include her name? If so, expand the quotes and add a comma after name) completely autobiographical.
Combining literary writing with a position of the St. Petersburg PEN Club Director and the international journal "World Word" editor, xxxx continues to create works that reveal significant aspects of the Russians existence at crucial periods of the country’s history.

3. Theatre director xxx staged a play based on xxxx's book “xxx” in the xxx Theatre xxx, fully conveying an atmosphere of a communal life in the early 60s. The roles of the mother xxx and daughter xxx are played by the same actress. That (maybe "it" would be better) embodies the author’s concept of the novel’s multiple narrators.

A few suggestions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hitze

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Netherlands
Dear Moderator,

Please kindly delete my thread

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Please kindly delete my thread
We don't delete threads when somebody has taken the time and trouble to provide an answer. The answer may be of interest to others.

Hitze

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Netherlands
I really appreciate the help provided, but the text is going to be used for my job and I wouldn't like to have it visible in this way. That's why I'm asking you to do it, because it's really important for me. Moreover, the text is very really specific.

Dear billmcd,
Could you please delete your post? Thank you many times, but please do it

Last edited:

billmcd

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I really appreciate the help provided, but the text is going to be used for my job and I wouldn't like to have it visible in this way. That's why I'm asking you to do it, because it's really important for me. Moreover, the text is very really specific.

Dear billmcd,
Could you please delete your post? Thank you many times, but please do it

I support the moderator's response.

Hitze

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Netherlands
Is it possible to change, at least, the author to Ivanova and the title to "..." in 2nd and 3rd parts of the text?

Hitze

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Netherlands
Many thanks for your understanding:)

Status
Not open for further replies.