Student or Learner
Native Language
Greek
Home Country
Greece
Current Location
Greece
Dear English speakers,

Could you check the following short letter?

Is forwarded to a professor.

Thank you in advance.

The letter (is a reply letter):

Dear ,

I have not found out about my scores yet. I am still trying to connect with the ETS server.

I hope that you will have my official scores soon.

That was over 11 days from the day of examination.

Tomorrow I will call the test center in which I took the exam if there are any other options regarding the online results.

Sincerly,

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Dear English speakers,

Could you check the following short letter?

Is forwarded to a professor.

Thank you in advance.

The letter (is a reply letter):

Dear ,

I have not found out about my scores yet. I am still trying to connect with the ETS server.

I hope that you will have my official scores soon.

That was over 11 days from the day of examination.

Tomorrow I will call the test center in which I took the exam if there are any other options regarding the online results.

Sincerly,

Dear [title + surname]

I do not yet know my exam score/results/marks as I have not been able to connect to the ETS server.

As it is now eleven days since I took the exam, tomorrow I will call the test centre where I took the exam to ask if there is another way to find out my results. I hope to be able to provide my results to you soon.

Yours sincerely

Last edited by a moderator:

Lennie_ar

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Greek
Home Country
Greece
Current Location
Greece
Thank you for the reply.

I tried to say that the official-paper scores might be known earlier than the online version

A more clear sentence:
"I hope that you will have my paper scores soon."

We are trying to find out both the paper and the online scores with priority to the paper version.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I'm confused. Surely the paper scores and the online scores will be the same. You took one exam. You are waiting to find out the result. You can find it out on paper (by letter) or you can find it out online. The result should be the same.

Is the online version not considered official? Do you mean that you might see your result online but you have to wait to have it on paper before it's officially recognised?

I think we need a little more information about how the system works please.

Lennie_ar

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Greek
Home Country
Greece
Current Location
Greece
Dear emsr2d2,

I should give more details.

The professor asked me if I have managed to have my online scores in order for her to see if she could do something about the review of my application.

Normally, the University will consider my application after the receiving of my TOEFL paper scores (the letter from ETS). The professor tries to help me. She might act for the review of the application with only the online scores.

To be honest I do not know how exactly the applications' reviews take place.

The fact is that the Greek State Scholarships Foundation is demanding as soon as possible an acceptance letter from the University of Tennesseee in order to keep my scholarship active (I have been awarded with scholarship).

I took the TOEFL exam on January 13, 2012.

The professor and I, we are waiting for any version of the TOEFL score. She asked me in her mail if I have found out the online scores. I supposed that the correct way for the University is the letter from the ETS, but it might something happen with only the online scores (a Dean's acceptance letter for example). My case is a bit complicated... sorry.

Could you check my letter by considering the above?

Thank you in advanced.

Status
Not open for further replies.