Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: evidence

    • Join Date: Mar 2005
    • Posts: 114


    Dear Tutor,

    What the noun for the evidence collected by enticing during the investigaiton of a particular case. The Chinese could be literally translated to "trap evidence", however, I am not really sure whether it is correct or not. Thank you very much!


    Last edited by emily wong; 10-Nov-2005 at 06:23.

  1. Editor,
    English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Laos

    • Join Date: Nov 2002
    • Posts: 60,190

    Re: evidence

    I don't know a specific term for that, but 'trap evidence' doesn't work for me. I'd use 'evidence gained by enticement', or something like that.
    The closest I can get to is 'honeypot', but that is the enticement:

Similar Threads

  1. On the evidence
    By HaraKiriBlade in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-Jun-2005, 02:06
  2. vocabulary
    By Dany in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-Dec-2004, 23:16
  3. negative "not"
    By blacknomi in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 18-Jun-2004, 22:39
  4. balance of evidence
    By Anonymous in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 27-Feb-2004, 22:58
  5. The Hidden Evidence: The Past Family
    By shun in forum Teaching English
    Replies: 143
    Last Post: 09-Nov-2003, 01:56


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts