Student or Learner
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
United States
Hi everyone;

Here is my process essay draft and blue colored words are academic words that I have to use 10 of them here. I really would like to know how to improve my writing skills so I would be appreciated anybody in anyway could help me.

Thank you.

------------

Adventurous Journey to New Hopes

My adventurous journey to Chicago is changed most of the things in my life. Being a person with big hopes played big role on my decision, because Chicago was a big potential education benefit for me. Therefore, at first the reason behind my decision is to achieve my major goals. There wasn`t any other way for me than going to Chicago, because my brother was there. Although, leaving my parents behind me was the hardest and most hurtful part of it. However, I had to make changes in my life for my future. I`ve never had experience which I had hard time and good time at the same time.

Leaving my home country was something that I had thought about, so it was exciting for me. I had many goals to achievein my mind. There wasn`t any other way for me than going to Chicago. As soon as I got my student visa in the mail, I purchased my plane ticket to Chicago. I also am learned a lot about Chicago during my last visits.

The moment that I went to the Ataturk Airport was the hardest and slowest. My ticket was a round-trip ticket. I was going to be heading to the London Heathrow Airport then transfer to Chicago O`hair plane. The personnel who helped me with my luggage told me that Heathrow is one of the world`s biggest airport and it`s also can be very confusing. That was exactly what my mom repeatedly reminded me even though I said that there must be airport maps available in every corner.

I felt relieved when I arrived to Chicago, and it was time to go to my school and get involved with other people. I still can`t explain how good I felt when plane`s tires touched the ground. I assumed to get used to people faster, but it wasn`t that easy because of my English. The city wasn`t too complex at all to explore, so it didn`t take my too much time.

Overall, my travel to Chicago was unforgettable. I still remember how happy I was once I get there. It felt longest plane trip ever but it worth. Now, if I were to evaluate my feelings of Chicago, I would say it is still exciting but not as much as it used to be.

Baris Sarac

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hi Baris and welcome to Using English
:hi:

None of the words have shown up in blue. Could you go back and edit your post so they are bold or colored, or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.