[General] Could you please correct my English?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Taiwan
Could you please correct my English? Thank you in advance!

Today day it was raining all day.Therfore we went to outside very late.

The first we went to the library. I was surprised how many English books there was. I found Regan's diary. I am very happy.

After that we went to festival. The students, schooolchilds and teachers made a beautiful sculpture which burned very nice warm light. The most of the sculpture depicted the dragons.

After we went to see the performance of the Taiwan's artist. I have to say that it was amazing. What was the most interested the biggest bravo got the more terrible performer. I have to concede that Taiwan's people are very polite. My countrymen would allowed to know him very fast by jeers.

Unfortunetly it was finish about 10 pm.

The next we came back to the home.

I hope that there is not a lot of mistakes.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Could you please correct my English? Thank you in advance!

Today day it was raining all day.Therfore we went to outside very late.
Today, it rained all day so we went out quite late.

The first we went to the library. I was surprised how many English books there was. I found Regan's diary. I am very happy.
First, we went to the library. I was surprised by how many English books they have. I found "Regan's Diary" and I was very happy.

After that we went to festival. The students, schooolchilds and teachers made a beautiful sculpture which burned very nice warm light. The most of the sculpture depicted the dragons.
After that, we went to a/the festival. The students, schoolchildren and teachers had made a beautiful sculpture which burned with a nice warm light. The sculpture depicted many dragons.

After we went to see the performance of the Taiwan's artist. I have to say that it was amazing. What was the most interested the biggest bravo got the more terrible performer. I have to concede that Taiwan's people are very polite. My countrymen would allowed to know him very fast by jeers.
After that, we went to see a performance/exhibition by a Taiwanese artist (I don't know if you mean an artist who paints pictures or a "performance artist" like an acrobat). It was amazing! The most interesting thing was that the most terrible performance received the biggest cheers. I have to say that Taiwanese people are very polite. My countrymen would have shown their displeasure very quickly by jeering.

Unfortunetly it was finish about 10 pm.
The next we came back to the home.
Sadly, it finished at about 10pm and then we went home.

I hope that there
[STRIKE]is[/STRIKE] are not a lot of mistakes.

Please see above. I have rewritten each paragraph. I have also underlined in your orignal paragraphs the parts which are actually incorrect, either in spelling or grammar. I hope that you can see from my amendments what the errors were.

I had trouble with the fourth paragraph because I don't know what kind of artist you meant. If it was an artist who paints pictures, then it's an exhibition but then I don't know why the worst performance would get a loud "Bravo". I have assumed that it was some kind of physical performance by an acrobat or a juggler or a magician or something.

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Taiwan
uuu I didn't think that there are so many mistakes.

Thank you very much.

Could you please check this also?

Yesterday I were with my girlfriend in the mountain calls "Shifen".

We had had to take MRT to the station: "Zoo". The next we took a special bus for the Lantern Festival.The ticket costed 50 TD. After 50 minutes we arrived there. When we came back it took 1 h and 10 minutes. But we didn't need pay because it was paid by government. There was a long queue of people waiting to catch the bus.

In the evening a lot of Taiwanese people released a lot of lanterns. It was very beautiful. The Taiwanese people had wrote their wishes which they send to the sky on the lanterns.:)

The most interested for me was Shifen Waterfall locates in Ping River (Pingsi) Township in Taipei County. The scenery is beautiful.

The Entrance costet 80 TD but it is worth the price. You can also eat and drink inside. But i don't recommend the eggs because they are not so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.