please, suggest some fiction novels which will help improve grammer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMK-future writer

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Pakistan
hello everyone, i have read 55 fiction novels and they have enriched me with knowledge, grammar and have given me tons of ideas. however, writing your own novel need more knowledge. grammar and courage. i can write with courage, style and everything that takes to become a "writer" but only in my native language. i have read inheritance cycle, harry potter series, ward stone chronicles, the famous five series and many more.
i still think that i need more knowledge, grammar, and need to know about this language.
as bassim and 5jj have said "to become famous you will have to wait more than 4-8 years" and "why write a novel which you barely think to be accepted" and "try writing short story before writing a novel". they have written truth and after their comments i thought for a moment what to do because i loved writing a novel and wanted to get fame. i have still not stop writing because of two reasons
1- as Gretchen play said "keep it up"
2- as Steve jobs said " work is going to fill a large part of your life, and if you want to be truly satisfied by your work is to believe what you do is great work, and the only way to do great work is to love what you do".

so encourage me and suggest some novel which you really think will help me and others to write your own.:lol:

truly yours,
AMK

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
everything that takes to become a "writer"

How do you define everything?

AMK-future writer

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Pakistan
answer to "how do you define every thing?" well in English language it will be just right, but in my native language "Urdu" i will define everything as "characters expressions, the place he/she visit looked like,about food he/she ate tasted/smelled/or looked like, e.t.c."
well if you have visited my previous posts you may know how poor my English writing is if you haven't go look at them and it will be very nice of you if you will also edit them. :cool:

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
As a non-native speaker wanting to write in English, why don't you try one of the books by Joseph Conrad as an example- he was Polish and English was his third language. He's not an easy read, but he shows that it can be done.

AMK-future writer

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Pakistan
is he a fiction writer or what.?

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
is he a fiction writer or what.?
He is a fiction writer. Personally, I think he would be far too difficult for you at the moment.
Have you considered purchasing a specific "How to write a novel" book? There are plenty available. (Do a web search of this term). They tell you how to deal with character, dialogue, description, narrative, plot devices, etc. Of course, if you don't have talent, they can't give you that.

AMK-future writer

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Pakistan
dear all,
i have a great idea. i will write my novel, when finished i will gave it to my grammar and literature teacher to edit or ......rewrite it in his own words. dunno...but i believe it will work....will it?
can you tell me if i have.....talent or something like that.

Last edited:

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Why do you want to write in English and not Urdu?

AMK-future writer

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Pakistan
look, the first thing i always thought was that if i will write in Urdu, i will get no fame. but if i will work day and night and do my best to learn English, i hope that someday i will get fame but with Urdu there is no hope for the fame. my English teachers are so good at English that i believe if i will give them to edit/rewrite it will make a good story.:roll:

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
look, the first thing i always thought was that if i will write in Urdu, i will get no fame. but if i will work day and night and do my best to learn English, i hope that someday i will get fame but with Urdu there is no hope for the fame. my English teachers are so good at English that i believe if i will give them to edit/rewrite it will make a good story.:roll:
Write the thing in Urdu. If it's good enough, it will published. If it is even better, your publisher will arrange a translation into English. This has worked for others. (Stieg Larsson is a recent example. Cervantes is an early example. There have been numerous in between). Both of these people became famous in the English-speaking world without writing in English.

Last edited:

AMK-future writer

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Pakistan
it's a good idea and i will try to focus on it too. as you said my publisher will translate it in English. but cant i translate it my self by just using some free translating program or "Babylon translator". thanks, tomorrow i will share it with my dad and see that what he says about this.:)

a question rose in my mind was that who was the publisher of JOSEPH CONRAD.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.