Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
my name is yiming,do you think my name’s pronunciation is hard to speak.if you feel this pronunciation is uncomfortable to pronounce,plz provide an english name which is similar with the pronunciation of my original name.....thank you indeed!!!!!

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
[STRIKE]my[/STRIKE]My name is [STRIKE]y[/STRIKE] Yiming[STRIKE],[/STRIKE]. [STRIKE]d[/STRIKE] Do you think my name[STRIKE]’s pronunciation[/STRIKE] is hard to [STRIKE]speak[/STRIKE]pronounce?space[STRIKE]i[/STRIKE] If you feel this pronunciation is uncomfortable to pronounce,[STRIKE]plz[/STRIKE] please provide an [STRIKE]e[/STRIKE] English name which is similar [STRIKE]with[/STRIKE] to the pronunciation of my original name.....space[STRIKE]t[/STRIKE] Thank you indeed![STRIKE]!!![/STRIKE]!
Welcome to the forum, leng. :hi:

I'd pronounce your name /jɪmɪŋ/. Is that right?

Please note the corrections I have meade to your post. Remember to star each sentence with a capital letter.

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Please note the corrections I have made to your post. Remember to start each sentence with a capital letter.
:mrgreen:

I've never got to grips with phonetic symbols.

Does it rhyme with rhyming, climbing and chiming, or dreaming, scheming and teeming?

Rover

BobSmith

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
plz provide an english name which is similar with the pronunciation of my original name.

Are you trying to find a different name, or a better spelling to help native speakers prounounce your name correctly?

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Like skimming with a Y at the start.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
my name is yiming,do you think my name’s pronunciation is hard to speak.if you feel this pronunciation is uncomfortable to pronounce,plz provide an english name which is similar with the pronunciation of my original name.....thank you indeed!!!!!

There's nothing in your name that is hard for us to pronounce if it's /jɪmɪŋ/.

Status
Not open for further replies.