• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Korean
      • Home Country:
      • South Korea
      • Current Location:
      • South Korea

meditation done right here

Would you please explain the following in red more easily?

The process (of meditation) starts with an intention. Start by creating an intention, a reason for wanting to abide in mindfulness. Perhaps it is to reduce stress. Perhaps it is to increase your own well-being... In fact, if you are really lazy, or really busy, or really both, you can declare your meditation done right here. The act of creating good intentions is itself a form of meditation.

Is this saying "being really lazy or being really busy, or really both is a kind of meditation (because you are concentrating on something). When you are really lazy or busy, you are actually meditating"?

Thank you.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: meditation done right here

This is a forum for discussing language. The language in that quotation is (intentionally*, I feel in my more cynical moments ) unclear: 'a reason for wanting to abide in mindfulness' - give me strength!. Besides, if the options are 'really lazy' or 'really busy' you can't be 'really both' (well, you can because the 'writer' doesn't know what 'lazy' means - and uses it as though lazy and busy were on the same continuum). In short, I have no idea what it means (in fact I think the claim that it has any meaning is questionable).

b

* PS - Perhaps this needs some clarification. I feel that there are people who cultivate obscurity, thinking - rightly - that there are suckers out there who are more likely to part with their money if the speaker's snake-oil is veiled in an impressive miasma of meaningless gobbledegook.
    Last edited by BobK; 24-Feb-2012 at 15:43. Reason: Added PS