Student or Learner
Native Language
Slovak
Home Country
Slovak Republic
Current Location
Slovak Republic
Dear Sir or Madam,
I am writing you to apply for the position of an Erasmus student at University in Rezekne (RHEI) during the spring semester of next academic year.
I am currently studying the third year at the Faculty of Economics and Management at the Slovak Agricultural University in Nitra (Slovakia). My department is Business Economics. I decided to pursue graduate study in the field of Business Economics at my own University.
There are several reasons why I have decided to apply for the Erasmus study program at the RēzekneAugstskola in Latvia. First of all, it would definitely be a very efficient and spontaneous way to improve my English. I studied English at my secondary school and currently I attend English course in Nitra. But I know, today are languages very important for my future career and the best way to learn a language is to talk with people and to learn in this language.
In this way opens up the possibility for me for a while living and studying in a country that is unknown for me, what really attracts me.So I can spend some time and get to know the Latvian town called Rezekne, get to know their culture, traditions and language and experience for a moment how it is to live in Latvia. Your university give me a chance to meet new European students. Where else could I meet so varied group of young students, spend with them such a long time and get to know their habits, attitudes, lifestyle etc.? I think living, studying, travelling and having fun within an international group of students would broaden my horizons and enable me to build friendships with young people within the whole Europe.

I am a social type of person and I am able to work alone but as part of a team. I can adapt to new situations, I make friends easily and I enjoy learning new things. I belong to the people who are serious, responsible, independent and dynamic. I have ability to adapt to multicultural environments, gained though my work experience abroad. I am sure that this opportunity will allow me to broaden my perspective and contribute to my personal development by expanding my knowledge and widening my experience gained by residence and study at your university. So, I consider it a challenge and an opportunity to explore and identify ways of improving myself.
I decided for your university also because I really like its module system of study and the freedom on making my study plan as I was informed. My English skills currently are not best but I have strong determination and courage to study abroad and to work on myself.
So I hope I will be enough good candidate for this program due to my strong motivation and interest.

billmcd

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Dear Sir or Madam,
I am [STRIKE]writing you to apply for the position of an [/STRIKE]very much interested in enrolling as an Erasmus student at the University in Rezekne (RHEI) during the spring semester of next academic year.
I am currently studying [STRIKE]the [/STRIKE] in my third year [STRIKE]at[/STRIKE] in the Faculty of Economics and Management at the Slovak Agricultural University in Nitra (Slovakia). My department is Business Economics. I decided to pursue graduate study in the field of Business Economics at my own University.
There are several reasons why I have decided to apply for the Erasmus study program at the RēzekneAugstskola in Latvia. First [STRIKE]of all[/STRIKE], it would definitely be a very [STRIKE]efficient[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]spontaneous[/STRIKE] effective way to improve my English. I studied English at my secondary school and currently I attend an English course in Nitra. But I know, today [STRIKE]are[/STRIKE] languages are very important for my future career and the best way to learn a language is to talk with people and to learn in this language.

[STRIKE]In this way opens up [/STRIKE]I am really attracted to the possibility [STRIKE]for me for a while [/STRIKE] of living and studying in a country that is unknown [STRIKE]for[/STRIKE] to me, [STRIKE]what really attracts [/STRIKE] but at the same time attractive to me. [STRIKE]So I can spend some time and [/STRIKE] I want to get to know the Latvian town [STRIKE]called [/STRIKE]Rezekne, get to know their culture, traditions and language and experience for a [STRIKE]moment[/STRIKE] time how it is to live in Latvia. Your university would give me a chance to meet new European students. Where else could I meet a so varied group of young students, spend [STRIKE]with them such a long [/STRIKE]time and get to know their habits, attitudes and lifestyle [STRIKE]etc[/STRIKE]? I think living, studying, travelling and [STRIKE]having fun within [/STRIKE] enjoying companionship with an international group of students would broaden my horizons and enable me to build friendships with young people within the whole of Europe.

I am a social type of person and I am able to work alone but also as part of a team. I can adapt to new situations, I make friends easily and I enjoy learning new things[STRIKE]. I belong to the people [/STRIKE] , but at the same time I am one who [STRIKE]are[/STRIKE] is serious, responsible, independent and dynamic. I have the ability to adapt to multicultural environments, gained though my work experience abroad. I am sure that this opportunity will allow me to broaden my perspective and contribute to my personal development by expanding my knowledge and widening my experience gained by residence and study at your university. So, I consider it both a challenge and an opportunity to explore and identify ways of improving myself.
I decided [STRIKE]for[/STRIKE] on your university also because I really like its module (? modular?) system of study and the freedom [STRIKE]on[/STRIKE] of making my study plan [STRIKE]as I was informed[/STRIKE]. My English skills currently are not best but I have strong determination and the courage to study abroad and to work on myself (?improve myself?).
So, I am hopeful that you would consider me [STRIKE]I will be enough good [/STRIKE] a qualified candidate for this program due to my strong motivation and interest.

Suggestions. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.