Student or Learner
Native Language
French
Home Country
France
Current Location
France
Hello,

Could you please help me by reading this cover letter and give me good advices ?! Many thanks in advance !

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am sending this resume cover letter to apply for the position of Climate Change Program Manager at XXX. As demanded, I am attaching a completed job application: my statement of motivation, my detailed CV and three referees.
With many years experience in international environmental policy, I possess advanced practical and technical knowledge coupled with a passion for the fight against climate change.
Working at a responsible level, I have a proven track record in designing climate change programs through proactive stakeholder consultations, leading international negociations, and developing high level policy reports on climate change issues related to mitigation, adaptation, carbon markets, forests, and finance.
I am a dynamic, motivated and multi-tasker team member with excellent analytical, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
XXX's interdisciplinary approach to environmental protection is especially exciting to me, and I believe my experience, my commitment to environmental protection, and my skills would allow me to make a substantial contribution to XXX’s projects.
Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Sincerely,

Last edited:

februar

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
German
Home Country
Switzerland
Current Location
Switzerland
Help ! Cover letter

Hello,

Could you please help me by reading this cover letter and give me good advice?! Many thanks in advance!

Dear Sir or Madam, (I'd try to find out the name of the staff manager)

(When and where have you seen the advertisement?) I am sending this resume cover letter to apply for the position of Climate Change Program Manager at XXX. As demanded, I am attaching a completed job application: my statement of motivation, my detailed CV and three referees.

With many years successful experience in international environmental policy, I possess advanced practical and technical knowledge coupled with a passion for the fight against climate change. Working at a responsible level, I have a proven track record in designing climate change programs through proactive stakeholder consultations, leading international negotiations, and developing high level policy reports on climate change issues related to mitigation, adaptation, carbon markets, forests, and finance.

I am a dynamic, motivated and multi-tasking team member with excellent analytical, interpersonal and problem-solving skills. XXX's interdisciplinary approach to environmental protection is especially exciting to me, and I believe my experience, my commitment to environmental protection, and my skills would allow me to make a substantial contribution to XXX’s projects.

Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,
Last edited by zoizooo; 02-Mar-2012 at 16:31.

februar, no teacher

zoizooo

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
French
Home Country
France
Current Location
France
thank you Februar !!

Tullia

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Hi! I have a few suggestions you might wish to consider:

I would like to apply for the position of Climate Change Program Manager at XXX.
  • I think it seems obvious that this is a "resume cover letter" and the phrase, being condensed as I suggest, is punchier and leads in to the job title you are interested in more swiftly.
As requested, I am attaching a completed job application: my statement of motivation, my detailed CV and three references OR details of three referees.
  • "demanded" is a very strong word, and seems inappropriately aggressive in this context.
  • "referees" are people and as such cannot be attached to the document! You could attach their details i.e. how to contact them, or if they have provided written references in advance then those documents could be attached.

Working at a ??? level, I have a proven track record in designing climate change programs through...

• I'm not sure what "a responsible level" means. Perhaps "senior level" or "with responsibility for X staff" or "with overall responsibility for national projects" or something else (appropriate to what you actually were responsible for!) might be clearer?

One last note is that, should you be unable to find out the name of the person to whom you are addressing the letter, the correct way to sign it would be "Yours faithfully" rather than "sincerely", which should be reserved for when you use a specific name. A good way to remember this is "Faithful = Formal, Sincere = Specific".

I hope all this helps, but it is just minor things and overall I think your English seems very strong :)

Status
Not open for further replies.